There are some things you shouldn’t buy from a thrift store. While we all love a good deal, I recommend you skip the following:

Mattresses

I have seen mattresses in a number of thrift stores. While they may look clean I wouldn’t encourage buying them second hand. I will note that there are some state laws that require mattresses to undergo a certain cleaning process if they are being sold used.

Baby Furniture
I would never suggest buying cribs, car seats or any essential baby related furniture from a thrift store. Safety laws change often and while you might save money, the risk isn’t worth it.

Makeup

Makeup is also a no-no. These products are going on your skin and if you don’t know the origin of a product I wouldn’t trust it. Be beautiful, but be safe.

Also on my list? Shoes and underwear. What things would you NEVER buy from a thrift store?

Design Inspiration

1. Mommabear says:

When we were preparing to have an estate sale at my grandmother's home the people running the sale were emphatic that we not throw out any make up because people collected the bottles and containers. I know a thing or 2 about collectables and knew there was nothing of value there. Somethings you just can't put out to sell! I also did not allow her undergarments or beautiful penoir sets be sold.My grandmother was a lovely genteel Southern woman- she would have died!!

2. Linda says:

If it can be washed then is worth looking at it. And so many things that you find at the trift stores can be repurposed. I approach a trift store like I do hardware stores "hhhmmmm what could I make with that?" I can spend hours in the Tractor Supply Store, a thrift store (a large one and not a pricey one) and hardware stores and come away this lots of ideas for projects.

3. Nancy says:

Why not buy socks, you take them home put them in the wash and then wear them. You go into stores and try on clothes that you don't know how many people had that on. No difference.

4. cool furniture says:

Nice tips in this article. I shouldn’t buy from a thrift store

5. Edythe Burk says:

What i don’t understood is actually how you’re not actually much more well-liked than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

6. bags look says:

It is approprioate time to make some plans for the future annd it is time to be
    happy. I have learn this submit and if Imay just
    I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this
    article. I desire to learn even more things approximately it!