Organization is my middle name (well, that and Elizabeth), so I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to share our latest video – a closet makeover! Ken’s been hard at work building a custom closet solution that we designed for our master suite, and you guys? It turned out beautifully. Take a look…

What do you think, friends? It’s a vast improvement, that’s for sure. And if you’re inspired to try the look in your own home, feel free to ask any specific construction questions in the comment section; I’ll be popping in to answer any and all!

Organizing

1. erin loechner says:

Nope; this one's my husband's! Mine is in our master bedroom here: http://blog.hgtv.com/design/2011/03/09/building-a

2. Dana says:

I agreeeeee !

3. Kristen says:

Love it! We just had our closet customized — we did not go the DIY route, but we were heavily involved in the design. I'm so thrilled every time I go in! It's so much easier to find what I need when there's a clear place for everything. Plus, I'm much more likely to put things away in the first place when I'm not having to fight with an overstuffed drawer to make it happen.

• erin loechner says:

I TOTALLY agree! It's so much easier to keep things tidy when everything has its designated space!

4. Looks great — my closets definitely need some help. Will work on using your tips!

5. [...] put our own spin on the design with a seaside-inspired lantern and reclaimed wood scraps from our closet pull project. The good news? We’ve documented (heavily!) the entire process below, so you can follow along [...]

6. Gail says:

Oh you two….so cute. Nice work Ken!

7. michaelmaloney says:

Every single nook of our homes needs organization, whether we like it or not. These include bedrooms, kitchen, living rooms and especially storage rooms or attics. We just need to have space of for our eyes to ‘rest’ and not be bothered with all the clutter. For a man, I am more of a ‘clean freak’ myself. I like to organize items, and make sure that there is space for my eyes to ‘breathe’. It is essential to make your homes or any space that you spend most of your time in livable. I do help my siblings organize their homes, set aside things that are not used in storage areas or even request them to donate these to people who might find use. There are so many ways to organize your homes, but what is important is you only keep the essentials and do away with items you do not need (and not put these in storage and realize you just have some trash or unwanted items!).