I’ll go ahead and state the obvious: There’s really no better way to end a meal than with a slice of chocolate cake. But not just any chocolate cake will do: The simpler the better, with nothing getting in the way of pure, unadulterated chocolate flavor. Enter this flourless chocolate cake, better known as the perfect simple, sweet ending for your Passover Seder dinner.

Flourless Chocolate Cake

It’s free of leavening and uses margarine instead of butter to make it kosher for Passover, but it would also be a great swap-in for more traditional carrot cake on Easter Sunday.  (Heck, any excuse to make this will do.) Use the best quality bittersweet chocolate you can find for knock-your-socks-off flavor. Serve with non-dairy whipped topping and berries. Get the full recipe here >>

What are you cooking for company this weekend? Tell us in the comments below.

Holidays

1. lmpau says:

I really enjoy this site and the commons that everyone posts. I might even try this cake.

2. Monique says:

If you ask me, chocolate cake and chocolate cupcake sprinkles are perfect for any feastive occasion.

3. Yutien Andrada says:

Whether it's flourless or not doesn't matter to me. What's important is the cake is delicious enough for me to pig out on, even if it means a trip to my ventura dentist afterwards.

4. Daryl Grimes says:

Oh man, these are the types of sweets that I just can't resist. Ever since I was a little boy, I've had a huge passion for candies and chocolates. Unfortunately, this has given me several trips to the sydney dentistry due to cavities. I'm still working on improving my dental care because it's so expensive to have dental treatment all the time!

5. Chris Bradley says:

I honestly didn't care how many trips to or sermons I've had from my dentist in concord. As far as I'm concerned, I just exercised my occasional right to indulge.

6. Alli Johnson says:

This cake is killing me. Just looking at it, makes me want to go out and buy right now. I bet my dentist in east brunswick nj will have to talk to me about certain sweet controls here!

7. Melissa Heart says:

I actually want to bake my dentist in piedmont a cake similar to this. I doubt that he'll eat it though because he's a freak when it comes to his teeth's dental condition. But it would be a huge achievement for me if I'm able to make him eat a very sweet cake. But of course, he might not give me discount anymore for my future dental appointments.

8. immigration says:

Cocoa solids contain alkaloids such as theobromine and phenethylamine, which have physiological effects on the body.

9. Mark Thompson says:

It's funny how some dentists, including the dentists in north hollywood, would be such health freaks that they won't even cakes like this. I mean come on, how can you say no to a chocolate cake?! I don't think that taking a bite would completely mess up your teeth.

10. HannahWilson22 says:

Most people would think that eating chocolate or sweets isn't healthy for your teeth. My dentist in winnebago il would disagree with this. For him, it's okay to eat whatever you want as long as you know how to properly brush your teeth. But of course, you just need proper discipline not to abuse it.