Walk into any store in Anytown, USA and it’s impossible to miss: saturated, stage-stealing colors are everywhere. Maybe it’s in reaction to the hopeful upturn in the economy or maybe we’re all just over the greige (lookin’ at you, Restoration Hardware).  Either way, I’m tickled pink by the season’s hot hues and we’ve picked one of the hottest to feature this month.

Ready to meet your new color crush?

Coral!

coral, april color of the month1. coco+kelley 2. Lonny

“For me, coral is a hue that’s so synonymous with summer and peaceful days spent lounging by the water. (My favorite pairing is coral and aqua if that tells you anything.) But I know what you’re thinking, “how can I integrate this peachy color into my home all year round?” Just pair it with deeper palettes of gray or bronze to take the color right into the cooler months.” —Kayla Kitts, Assistant Editor

coral, april color of the monthAmy Atlas Events

”This juicy shade instantly freshens a tabletop, so it’s no wonder coral is a go-to color for parties and weddings this spring. Paired with mint green, it evokes a romantic, vintage feel.” —Liz Gray, Senior Online Editor

coral, april color of the month1. hgtv.com   2. Privet House @ Target (coming 5/6/12)

”Coral is so beachy (literally) that I can’t help but think of warm, sunny weather whenever I see it. It splits the difference between the color of the year Tangerine Tango and the girly pinks and peaches I keep seeing, which means that it could just be the perfect color for right now. Plus it looks great with a tan. So there’s that.” —Briana Mowrey, Senior Editor

coral, april color of the month1. little green notebook     2. etsy.com

“It’s amazing how many different color combinations you can create with coral. You really can’t go wrong – whether you pair it with a dark navy or a more subtle color like silver gray. And the fact that us HGTV staffers have unintentionally been wearing coral lets us know we chose the right color to kick off spring.” —Farima Alavi, Assistant Editor

coral, april color of the month1. Traditional Home   2. Farrow & Ball lotus wallpaper

“At first glance, I didn’t find coral to be a very relatable color. But then, as often happens, I found a show-stopping bow tie infused with coral — and yes, I’m now a changed man.” — Grant Dudley, Programming Manager

coral, april color of the month 1. hgtv.com 2. Caitlin Wilson Textiles

So what do you think of our color choice for April? Are you ready to incorporate a splash of coral in your home?

1. april says:

I just signed papers on my first home yesterday and I decided I needed to have a happy colored front door..something very refreshing and inviting….I picked coral!!! :)

2. Julie N says:

Just painted my bedroom a slightly "orange-ier" color of this and it is pretty strong although I have white beadboard on the bottom. When the paint is dry and I put in all of the wall decor and accessories it will be very striking. I great change for a while – I get bored easily.

3. Alisa M. says:

This has long been my favorite color! When we moved into our house 10 years ago, the first room I painted was my dining room, in a beautiful coral color I had the paint store mix to specifically match some wallpaper. The sun rises on that side of the house, setting this room aglow. My friends call this room the happy room.

4. Really absorbing article. I thought your blog post was truly interesting. I hope to find more in the near future.

5. TX grandma says:

Love coral! Painted a bathroom wall coral about two years ago. I took the shade off a seashell. The bright color gives a wonderful punch to a small bathrrom.

6. Margaret Satchie. says:

Love the color. It is a spring color and I like to wear it also.Margaret Satchie.

7. Libby says:

Coral is one of my least favorite colors.

• arleen says:

Hi David I have watched all of your shows I never was a fan of blue/green until I saw one of your shows.then I began to like third two colors. Now I have rented a. One bedrm Apr.so here is my personality what can my color seem be. Love/ romance/ sexey/ send. Please give me an answer I love your show .I hope your father is doing well.