Walk into any store in Anytown, USA and it’s impossible to miss: saturated, stage-stealing colors are everywhere. Maybe it’s in reaction to the hopeful upturn in the economy or maybe we’re all just over the greige (lookin’ at you, Restoration Hardware).  Either way, I’m tickled pink by the season’s hot hues and we’ve picked one of the hottest to feature this month.

Ready to meet your new color crush?

Coral!

coral, april color of the month1. coco+kelley 2. Lonny

“For me, coral is a hue that’s so synonymous with summer and peaceful days spent lounging by the water. (My favorite pairing is coral and aqua if that tells you anything.) But I know what you’re thinking, “how can I integrate this peachy color into my home all year round?” Just pair it with deeper palettes of gray or bronze to take the color right into the cooler months.” —Kayla Kitts, Assistant Editor

coral, april color of the monthAmy Atlas Events

”This juicy shade instantly freshens a tabletop, so it’s no wonder coral is a go-to color for parties and weddings this spring. Paired with mint green, it evokes a romantic, vintage feel.” —Liz Gray, Senior Online Editor

coral, april color of the month1. hgtv.com   2. Privet House @ Target (coming 5/6/12)

”Coral is so beachy (literally) that I can’t help but think of warm, sunny weather whenever I see it. It splits the difference between the color of the year Tangerine Tango and the girly pinks and peaches I keep seeing, which means that it could just be the perfect color for right now. Plus it looks great with a tan. So there’s that.” —Briana Mowrey, Senior Editor

coral, april color of the month1. little green notebook     2. etsy.com

“It’s amazing how many different color combinations you can create with coral. You really can’t go wrong – whether you pair it with a dark navy or a more subtle color like silver gray. And the fact that us HGTV staffers have unintentionally been wearing coral lets us know we chose the right color to kick off spring.” —Farima Alavi, Assistant Editor

coral, april color of the month1. Traditional Home   2. Farrow & Ball lotus wallpaper

“At first glance, I didn’t find coral to be a very relatable color. But then, as often happens, I found a show-stopping bow tie infused with coral — and yes, I’m now a changed man.” — Grant Dudley, Programming Manager

coral, april color of the month 1. hgtv.com 2. Caitlin Wilson Textiles

So what do you think of our color choice for April? Are you ready to incorporate a splash of coral in your home?

1. HannahB says:

Love *Love* Love this month's color!

2. Cookie says:

Love the color of the month. Just getting ready to paint one of my powder rooms in this color

3. Sallry R says:

I have always had a crush on coral..the perfect color for spring.

4. Rachael says:

I made an Etsy treasury for the HGTV color of the month! Here it is~ http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTY0NDEzNzZ8MjY5MzQw

Rachael <a href="http://www.thethriftypicker.com” target=”_blank”>www.thethriftypicker.com

5. Kim Jemmott says:

Rich coral is my favourite hue,rock on!!

6. aziancowgrl says:

So beautiful! I can't wait to look for fabrics and start making pillows, curtains, and add other fun pops of coral to my red couch in my white living room!

7. campclem says:

Camille, the coral is fantastic. I'm looking to refinish a french style china cabinet in a bold color. This could be just the hue! Don't suppose you have any specific paint color suggestions… I go a bit cross-eyed looking at walls of paint chips! :-)
    Thanks,
    Gina at CampClem

8. Stacy says:

I LOVE it, I am doing my daughter's 3rd birthday in coral & yellow! Re-finishing my childhood dresser in coral for the focal point of the party. Great choice!

9. CATHY says:

ONE OF MY BATH ROOMS IS DONE IN CORAL TITLES. LOVE IT.