Have you checked out the HGTV Green Home yet? I’m in love with the Atlanta-area home’s modern farmhouse vibe. Sure, it has huge windows, an amazing space for outdoor entertaining and a luxurious master suite. Sure, you can enter to win it. But I’m most impressed by the little details that designer Linda Woodrum added to make the house feel like home (okay, and the windows).  Here are some of my favorites.

Green Home Exterior
The amazing details start outdoors with traditional stacked sandstone accents paired with contemporary touches, like stick-straight windows and a cantilevered porch. The rustic-and-modern look continues in the entryway, where Woodrum uses large and small nailheads to create a beautiful grid effect from afar and great texture up close. The artwork nods to the community’s farming roots

Decorative Nailheads
The materials and textures in the home’s modern kitchen create interest, no bold hues needed. The custom countertops are made from seashells, glass and other materials combined with concrete and polished to create a high-gloss shine, and the walls feature an interesting mix of travertine and glass tiles. Floating shelves house earth-toned pottery that’s both stylish and functional.

Bowls on Shelves
How amazing is this sleek-yet-primitive dining table? It’s made from recycled wood pallets, and the varying shades create a subtle graphic accent in this dining room. Lamps created from machine parts reference the home’s location in prime farmland.

HGTV Green Home 2012 Dining Room
The home’s locale also inspired Woodrum’s color choices in the main living area.  This painting pays homage to the area’s great biking trails, and the chartreuse hue adds a young, fresh vibe to the living room. Lots of interesting textures, from the throw pillows to the painted cypress planks on the walls, make the space feel like home. (And it could be your home…so don’t forget to enter twice a day to win it!)

Living Room
What’s your favorite part of the 2012 HGTV Green Home? Tell us in the comments below.

Green Home

1. Mountain Mama says:

Simply Beautiful!!!

2. christineFaith says:

Beautiful! I love how the kitchen opens up as well. I keep dreaming of these beautiful homes – HGTV thanks for the dreams.

3. Denice Lantz says:

Serenbe, a sustainable community less than 30 minutes from Atlanta, serves as the location of HGTV Green Home 2012. Founder Steve Nygren shares the inspirational story of his family's life-changing decision to move the country. I love this story. I all so love this home. I’m in love with the Atlanta-area I love this modern farmhouse . I'm in love with the kitchen. and the huge windows, an amazing space for outdoor entertaining and a luxurious master suite. You did it again HGTV,In one word AMAZING!!!!THANKS HGTV.
    Denice Lantz

4. Holly says:

I love all the amazing outdoor spaces! And that kitchen is so drool-worthy.

5. [...] HGTV Green Home: It’s All in the Details HGTV Design Happens Thu, April 12, 2012 10:43 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

6. RevC says:

HAVE A QUESTION? Is that door behind the stairs in the foyer leading to a basement?

7. Cher says:

The mud room is placed so poorly. After entering from outside, the only places to go next are the master bedroom or the living/dining room. One can only hope no dirty children use the mud room entry.

8. willgarden4food says:

The home looks so roomy. HGTV builds the best outdoor dinning areas.I love the outdoor built in cooking space!

9. 40yrsofdesign says:

I am sorry, but I hope this home is more attractive in person than in the virtual tour or photos. This house is unimaginative, dull, boring, and without inspiration. I understand the floor plan hinges on a hillside, but even it is far below the standards I expect from HGTV.
    Very disappointed.

10. Mallard says:

I agree; I will not even be bothering to enter the contest to win it.