Do you ever get the feeling that things would be so much easier if you just had a totally-not-evil twin? If I did, I would dispatch said stylish twin to do half the home projects I had planned, leaving me to actually accomplish the other half. You see, we’ve been enjoying spring at our new house, as well as planting, raking and building flower beds (more on that later!). All this has left our bedroom project languishing a little.

But aside from amassing inspiration and used furniture, we did make one big update: After months of sleeping on the floor, we finally have a new vantage point, in the form of this Danish modern-style bed:

Modern Bedroom in Progress

Miles enjoys his new view.

Actually having a centerpiece for the room has motivated me to finish the makeover. This weekend, we’ll be painting the walls a warm gray shade, and adding accents in green, turquoise and yellow. (Sorry, tangerine fans, the brighter palette won out.)

Bedroom Color Palette Reveal

I’ll keep you posted on the progress! To see more about my inspiration for this room, follow my bedroom design board on Pinterest.

Bedroom Pinterest Board

My bedroom inspiration board on Pinterest

Read Liz’s previous House Diaries posts here and follow her home inspiration board on Pinterest.

House Diaries

1. Briana@HGTV says:

Miles is SO adorable…and the bed isn't too shabby either. :) Can't wait to see the rest.

2. Grantley says:

Miles is ready to see some paint on those walls!

3. Christina says:

I'm happy you chose this color pallet. So pretty for every season!

Come check out the Italian Twist I put on a Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich. http://www.becauseofmadalene.com/

Christina

4. Rachael says:

Gray, yellow, turquoise=beautiful colors! I wouldn't have thought about that green going along with it, but it works nicely. Can't wait to see the bedroom finished :)

Rachael
    TheThriftyPicker.com
    facebook.com/TheThriftyPicker

5. Kristin says:

Love these colors! We've been needing to re-do our bedroom too. I wanted something that complements the rest of our house color but not be the same. This palette looks perfect so i think im gonna have to steal it ;)
    my dog is named Miles too! He's a pom though.

6. Amy says:

What a great color palette – nice job! It's going to be a beautiful bedroom! And, I definitely approve of the brighter colors over tangerine. :)

You can create your own custom color palette over at Pure Home. Check it out when you get a chance! http://www.purehome.com

7. Becky says:

Would you mind sharing the names of these paint colors?

8. Kelsie Urrutia says:

Bright walls always brings us light moods and the green painted wall on the room above is just so refreshing. I think it's about time to call the painting contractors in Perth and have our rooms colored with different colors to brighten our moods everyday.

9. Kat says:

I'm loving the design in the first picture. The soft greenish tint seems very relaxing to me. If anything, all I'd add to that is an upholstered bedhead since I like to sit in bed from time to time.