Paper lanterns have been a go-to decoration for parties for years, but lately people have been incorporating them in their everyday decor. Etsy shop owner Zippy8Lighting made this quirky artichoke paper lantern using pages from old paperback books, which would be so fitting in a home office or library. I wonder if these lights have that old book page smell that I love so much!

Mixed Paper Lanterns

How would you tie in paper lanterns into your home’s decor? Tell us in the comments below.

Design Inspiration

1. Desiree E. says:

could be great outdoor lighting, too, if it is weatherproofed :)

2. mary says:

i don't want to upset anyone but the show (love it or list it )is awful the host and hostess does not come across friendly…i can"t watch it …..what about design on a dime 2,000 dollars thank you

• dottie says:

i agree…."love it or list it" is a boring show. The designer never has enough budget to finish the projects totally and never enough time at the end of the show to see the finished product. The Realtor is really boring. Get rid of it.

• marlene says:

I started watching HGTV because of Design on a Dime. I loved how clever the design teams were, when they showed how to make coffee tables out of front doors, or how to fake an expensive light fixture with simple building materials. Don't they know that some of us can barely afford rent, much less purchase a different home? Hooray for you, Mary, I hope that they see your post!

3. Sissie kelley says:

Sissie-in Texas- Where is the "garden" part of Home and Garden TV- yall have no Garden shows- landscapeing is not Gardening!!! Where is Paul James, Rebecca (get those hands dirty), A Gardeners journal- anything to help us folks have better gardens??? I use to record every episode of any gardening show yall had and now where are they- I am so sick of people HUNTING HOUSES!!! give us more GARDENING SHOWS- , FLOWER SHOWS -HOW TO GROW, PLANT, COMPOST, ARRANGE- ANYTHING WITH PLANTS !!PLEASE- Have been a loyal watcher since you began!! but prefer DIY now-

4. Carolyn says:

I agree with the comments about let's get more DIY shows, gardening or home projects of all kinds. I've been watching HGTV since it began too, I have learned so much, or been inspired to try something new many times. I installed my own pocket door years ago after watching it on HGTV. YES bring back Paul James, he was really fun to watch and had great ideas. I am sick of House Hunters everything and also think the "Love It or List It" show is horrible and annoying.

5. Carolyn says:

As for the paper lanterns in my home, I might consider using different textured paper. How did they get the round shape? Using blownup balloons? I love the idea. I've just painted my room and stained the concrete floor. I've been trying to think of a pendant light idea. This may be it. I love it. Thanks.

6. Lisa says:

I agree with the other posters……I'm changing the channel whenever house hunters comes on, otherwise I could leave the TV on HGTV all day long. I agree also that we need more gardening shows….I mean we all garden and DIY, but how often do we move? Really?

7. sarah says:

how are the pieces/pages secured to the paper lantern?

Farima AlaviFarima is an assistant editor for HGTV.com. Aside from her job, she loves fashion, playing with her rambunctious Yorkie, Rosie, and is a self-proclaimed foodie. She lives in a house...