This MacGyver has not been stumped by bottle caps, binder clips or wine corks, but when our own Marianne Canada asked me for inspiring arts and crafts featuring toilet paper roll tubes, I knew I would be facing my greatest challenge yet. Would I find suitable projects in time for Monday’s post?! Well, I think I scraped by, but you be the judge.
toilet paper roll

toilet paper roll wall art
This flowery wall art from growing up creative via Design*Sponge looks so cool, no one would guess it came from a family pack of bathroom tissue. Paint it any color you want, or leave it plain and pin it up!

toilet paper roll wall art

If the organic/floral forms aren’t your thing, you can always go modern with this wall art alternative from delicateConstruction via SheKnows Decorate This. Now that’s what I call upcycling in style.

toilet paper roll favors

Toilet paper roll tubes as party favor savers? If it sounds strange, let these cute examples from Crissy’s Crafts change your mind. (Or take a peek at these little birdies for a more grown-up spin on the idea.)

toilet paper roll flowers

Do you have some tiny MacGyvers at home that are itching to get crafty? Save your toilet paper rolls for a rainy day (like today here in NYC, ugh) and make these toilet paper roll blooms from Parents magazine together. Who knew such colorful flowers could come from dull cardboard?

Did you tame these toilet paper tubes with plenty of time to spare? Take a look at these advanced MacGyver arts and crafts — you won’t believe the detail on these rolls.

Which project is your favorite? And do you have any requests for this MacGyver? Shout ‘em out in the comments below.

Handmade

1. P north says:

We use toilet paper and paper towel rolls to make handles at pottery class. Put a small lug of clay in the roll and roll/shake it and you will get a nice oblong handle. Perfect for the sides of a casserole diish or on a lid.

2. Mardhy says:

Great ideas, thanks! We have tons of toilet paper roll tubes (but we're now using a bidet toilet) at home that we are about to dispose, so instead, we'll just make it crafts. :)

3. Sharon says:

I've used toilet paper tubes to create New Year Poppers for my daughter's class at Christmas. I filled the tubes with candy and then wrapped them with wrapping paper and tied the ends with ribbon. They were a big hit.

4. john says:

There are excellent ides,though this we can make our living roms more beautiful and attractive…

5. Bio Bidet says:

Its amazing!such garbage are look like that when we work upon it.

6. Cathy says:

They are also great to use when storing extension cords or any cords at all.

7. Sue says:

I love it I did Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and special needs camps. Now I am helping with a nursing home after I had a stroke. I found that I had saved a lot of toilet paper rolls and now for therapy I am off and running. Thank You

8. If you would like to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this site and be updated with the most up-to-date information posted here.

my weblog … led spots set einbau

9. MacGyver says: