Ice cream is a staple treat at pool parties, and an easy way to incorporate some color while carrying through the theme of your party is with DIY ice cream cone wrappers. The Happy to Create blog shares a template to make your own wrappers – you just print out the template on scrapbook paper of your choice, wrap the sugar cones with the paper and secure it with double-sided tape. This simple idea will go a long way at your poolside party – but don’t forget the rule of no swimming 30 minutes after eating (I’m definitely guilty of that!).

DIY Ice Cream Cone Wrappers

Design Inspiration

1. Norma Cousino says:

I would like to paint my kitchen cabinets how do you do this?

• susan says:

sand them down first!
      i have painted mine three different times…take the doors off as well as the hardware. i could not afford all new hardware so i spray painted it silver

2. [...] Daily Delight: DIY Ice Cream Cone Wrappers HGTV Design Happens Wed, May 23, 2012 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

3. Jan R. says:

What a neat idea!

4. Christina says:

Love this so much and yet so simple! What a fun vibe this would give a party.

Christina <a href="http://www.becauseofmadalene.com” target=”_blank”>www.becauseofmadalene.com

5. Charles Irion says:

Those would be a great idea for a kids birthday party!

6. polkadotwishes says:

These are great, So adorable, I just added an ice cream cone banner to my store. I am going to add a link to your diy, for my customers.

7. Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the
    whole thing is presented on web?

8. Really like this idea!!! Thank you for sharing! I reside in a apartment now but the share will start soon and this will be an outstanding concept for my loved ones. Thank you!

Farima AlaviFarima is the entertaining editor for HGTV.com. Aside from her job, she loves fashion, playing with her rambunctious Yorkie, Rosie, and is a self-proclaimed foodie. She lives in a house...

See What We’re Pinning