You usually don’t mix fire and water, but I will make an exception today. This fire pit and ice box combo by Funston is one of the coolest outdoor innovations I’ve seen in awhile. Use one side as an ice box during the heat of the day, and turn it over to use the fire pit during a chilly night. The sleek design makes outdoor entertaining easy even if you have a small backyard. The ice box holds up to 24 bottles of your favorite drink – with a built-in bottle opener, I might add – and the fire pit comes in great use as your party goes into the night.

Funston Fire Pit and Ice Chest

Design Inspiration

1. Nocturnicas says:

Not something I would buy. You have to empty each side before flipping, just thinking of that twice a day, doesn't motivate me to run out and buy one!

2. ronsodattle says:

Its not something I would had thought of buying ,but it sure would had came in handy with all the family and friends that showed up at my house yesterday for my birthday party. LOL

3. SusanG1956 says:

Very cool concept for a small space! Where do you find this stuff…. never cease to amaze! :)

4. SusanG1956 says:

Thank you, I love the innovation and seeing these things, but I live in a condo now and I can't even have a grill here… or my bike on my patio ;-( A fire pit would be totally out of the question!

5. Marianne@HGTV says:

I am loving this. My big beef with fire pits is that you either have to store them in the summer months, or look at an ugly, empty pit on your deck all summer long! This is perfect.

6. Chris says:

I foresee a lot of cleaning with this one..