I work at HGTV and I’ve been impatiently waiting for the June/July issue of HGTV Magazine to hit my mailbox. Unfortunately, we have to wait just as long as you do to flip through those glossy pages. (BTW — It’s on newsstands today! Or better yet, you can subscribe right now and get future issues mailed right to your front door.) If you haven’t seen the cover yet, just wait. It looks and feels like summer with lots of vibrant colors. Let’s take a peek inside, shall we?

Family-Friendly Home Decorating Ideas

hgtv magazine sue de chiara

Meet Sue De Chiara — a mother of three, blogger and owner of online design store zhush.com. Now, take a look at her amazing and super-stylish kitchen and home office. I know what you’re thinking: “An all-white kitchen? How does that work with kids?” Sue has it all figured out, though. She chose a charming cottage-style beadboard that can easily be scrubbed when sticky fingers and smudges work their way onto the surface. And looking into the home office — did you ever think of wallpapering the ceiling? A creative design move like that can make a huge impact within a space. See more of Sue’s family-friendly decorating ideas.

Dramatic Porch Makeover

hgtv magazine before and after porch makeover" data-mce-src=

I’m a sucker for before-and-after makeovers, especially when I can see the entire process step-by-step. Watch as HGTV Magazine reveals the jaw-dropping transformation of interior designer Courtney Bishop’s Charleston, S.C. front porch. You can literally watch it transform from a blank canvas into a dreamy outdoor retreat. See the full step-by-step porch makeover.

Operation Fixer-Upper

hgtv magazine military home renovation

While Meg Stein’s husband, Army sergeant Josh Sutton, was away in Afghanistan, she was determined to turn their newly-purchased fixer-upper into a home upon his arrival. Vintage scores and flea market finds helped her create the collected look she desired. And with a helping hand from friends, Meg was able to get the home almost entirely furnished and completed by the time Josh finished his deployment. Get a sneak-peek of this vintage-inspired home.

Have you picked up your copy yet? If not, what are you waiting for?! It’s the perfect poolside read. Let us know what you think of the summer issue in the comments below.

1. alicia amador says:

hi, i just want to say how come almost all the time on t.v. has to be aired house hunters?? what had happened with the good ones like miles of styles, color splash, design on a dime, during the week days and weekend (saturday)? I used to watch this channel during all my spare time, I love it!! i even used to recommend it to my friends, after a hard day of work and when finished my home tasks i used to watch this channel, some how it was uplifting to pick some ideas up, be realistic with this economy people are no buying houses like milk!! it would be great to go back to the shows they use to have. is annoying every time i turn the t.v. on it has to be house hunters….

• Nicki says:

I agree with Alicia Amador. I' wish the old programming were back. There used to be something good on all the time. Now it seems to be House Hunters and little else. Where did the good stuff go ? I used to watch it almost constantly.

• Sharon says:

Amen! I feel the same way. House Hunters seems to be the only thing they ever have on. Even Friday nights. Boring! I want to see home make over shows. There are so many design bloggers out there, why can't HGTV do more with them? I like to see all the creative things REAL people do with their homes.

• Cindy Wilson says:

I agree!!
      To much house hunters.

• Samantha says:

SOOOOOOO agree with you here. Honestly, in this sort of economy, what is HGTV thinking with all these shows about million dollar homes (Selling New York, Selling London, Million Dollar Rooms etc. etc.) and all the picky, annoying people on House Hunters? If I hear one more entitled brat first home buyer go on and on about having a freakin' granite kitchen I may just cancel cable. Soooooo sick of it. HGTV is the only channel I really like to watch but I hardly watch anymore. For heaven's sake, show more of the design star's shows and Sabrina Soto! There are so many amazing design bloggers too. Show some of them. Anything BUT more HOUSE HUNTERS!

2. [...] HGTV Magazine’s Summer Issue Hits Newsstands HGTV Design Happens Tue, May 29, 2012 7:00 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

3. Gina M says:

I am lucky to have a subscription come straight to my mailbox. I must say the cover is STUNNING! I love how it is styled. It just leads to more good stuff on the inside of the magazine!

4. Margy says:

I agree with Alicia. I've got to where I don't even watch HGTV hardly at all. It's House Hunters all day and night long. I used to watch all the time. I wish all the old good shows were back on. HGTV used to be the reason I have cable, but not anymore.

5. Marlene says:

What ever happened to all the garden shows, I am so tired of watching people rent and buy houses. I would love to see some GARDENS!

6. Sandra says:

Ladies, sadly the more we complain the more House Hunter, etc. type shows they put on the schedule — the latest one being Selling London. I too have all but stopped watching HGTV.

7. Nancy says:

Here it is June 21st and I still have not received my June/July issue. Oh where, oh where is it? As a subscriber I should receive it before it hits the stands ( June 1st). Very disappointed!

NC

8. June says:

The latest issue of the magazine is full of ideas, but on page 12 it shows a round 46" table from Home Depot.com. I have searched the Home Depot website and I even went to my local store to see if they could find it but to no avail. I am dying to spray paint a plastic outdoor dining table but I cannot locate one this large. Any suggestions?

9. ginger says:

I'm still waiting for my July issue! Does anybody know how to inquire?

10. Shari says:

It is now July 15 and I am also waiting for my magazine……I saw one on a newstand so know they are out. Why bother to subscribe if you are the last to get it.!
    I am also tired of all the same shows on this summer…….One House Hunter after another.
    Need more shows like Sarah Richardson's. Candice is even boring anymore – that is when you find one of her shows.
    Love It or Leave It is also one right after another and boring, boring. Why can't you mix it up and actually do the remodel as planned. Tired of hearing about the problems. Would like to see somthing completed.