I discovered DwellStudio bedding a decade ago by stumbling into one of those perks of living in New York City: the sample sale. At the time I’d never spent more than $30 on a set of sheets (thank you Ikea!), but I immediately knew that this bedding, with its not-your-mom’s patterns and material quality, would be an investment I wouldn’t regret.

dwellstudio entrance christiane lemieux

Look at those ram door pulls! And right: Christiane Lemieux

Now, more than ten years later, the company is opening its first flagship store in SoHo. Founder and Creative Director Christiane Lemieux has expanded the DwellStudio line to include furniture, home accessories, baby and children’s furnishings, along with their bedding staples. I got a chance to preview their new space and see their line of furniture in person for the first time. Such a treat!

dwellstudio bedding and textiles

Bedding display on shelves painted the perfect shade of slate gray.

The store feels as if you’ve stepped into someone’s very well curated home with vintage finds mixed in among the company’s line of modern products. I am still gaga for the bedding and can attest to its resilience over time. That first set I invested in still looks as fresh today as it did in 2001. It would even work well with any of the newer patterns. The sofas are luxurious and classically neutral enough to play well with pieces you already own.  The baby and children’s line is darling without being saccharine. But most impressive to me was the wall of DwellStudio fabrics which seem to have been designed to let you mix patterns like a pro despite not actually being one.

dwellstudio furniture

I couldn't fit this sofa in my bag, but I tried.

If you’re in New York, or plan to be, you can check out the store yourself starting today. Tell me in the comments if you have any designers that you still love after all these years.

1. [...] Macarons DwellStudio Opens Flagship Store HGTV Design Happens Fri, June 1, 2012 3:36 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

2. Miss Dynamite says:

I love that wheat colored chair! Just gorgeous!

3. Alex says:

Women sexy panties are available in a wide range of styles, such as woMEN G-strinG , boyshorts, hipster panties, and more. Opt for panties with ruffles, lace works, and frills as they can easily draw your partner's attention.

4. Sentrell says:

This a gorgeous store. I love the sitting area especially the gallery wall!

5. Adriana Valdez says:

Hi Lili, I have a question…….. Do the colors aqua and lilac mist combine well? I have my expensive lamps aqua and a Venetian oil painting with a lot of aqua and we started painting the living room aqua, but the dining room my husband would like it lilac mist!!! What do I do? The curtains I have are Grey and my Italian sofas are tan!!!!!

6. Beautiful Store. I love the how simple yet organized the room looks..I would add a few crystal prisms, chandelier crystal prisms to spice up the room a bit…You can add a few crystal chandelier prisms, chandelier replacement crystals prisms, crystals for chandeliers, decorative crystals to the gold leaf….Great job

7. elleryfoster says:

Absolutely Amazing.

8. Jack says:

These bedding are really ice. I had purchased mine about two months ago and I honestly am happy with this investment. Though I had to use Mattress Protectors from a separate store as I could not find the one in their online store.

9. Racquel says:

I can already see that they got some pretty good design concepts. It almost makes me want to drop by and see what kind of bass blinds they have for sale.

10. Ann says:

Totally gorgeous. I love the website linenboutique.co.nz
    Well worth visiting