Every month, the “Color Team” here at HGTV headquarters meets to battle it out. Our mission? Pitch a color for the upcoming color of the month, and stop at nothing until your color gets the crown.

We come armed with our Pinterest pinboards and even wearing our colors. And after debating the merits of every color under the sky (a Pantone Cerulean Blue sky, of course), one color reigns supreme. Or, in the case of June…several colors. Because this month? We’re breaking the rules and setting your retinas ablaze with neon hues.

Via: Jenni Juurinen

Neon! It was the pinboard that ruled supreme, and it’s everywhere right now. Our own Briana was ahead of the curve this spring with her neon accent round up, and Farima just rolled out a gorgeous neon photo gallery. Erin Loechner has us eying neon spray paint with her latest how-to. Even some of our favorite design bloggers are on board the neon train—everyone from Oh Joy!  to Coco + Kelley have been inspired by these highlighter tones. And me? I have a neon yellow pedicure and just picked up a neon pink retro style swimsuit for the pool. It’s very Cyndi Lauper-meets-Esther Williams, trust me.

Via: House to Home

It’s a sizzling color that makes a statement, so tell us: would you incorporate neon into your décor?

Design Inspiration

1. HGTV_Kelley says:

Hmm… I think I might need a neon yellow pillow for my office chair.

2. I love neon, especially when it pops up amidst "regular" colors. I am digging neon yellow a lot right now.

3. Lili@HGTV says:

I'm completely mesmerized by the neon pieces that seem to actually glow in their surroundings, but do I want them in my *own* home? Probably not. Maybe An accessory here and there? I do love looking at them in other people's houses, though.

4. Rae says:

I thought I would hate this trend but I have been struck by the neon bolt and I can't get enough!! LOVE NEON and I don't think the trend is going away anytime soon.

5. @Lisa_O says:

Fuschia and peacock blue make me exceedingly happy.

6. Liz_HGTV says:

I'm definitely on team neon! Adore the top room. It seems like all those hues of neon together would be overkill, but with the white background it all works together beautifully.

On a different note — the "Electric Slide" is now playing in my head and I'm doing virtual grapevines to the left and right. Nooo!

7. Karen says:

I am super psyched about colour right now, I think it's the WORD "neon" that I struggle with. But I love the pops of bright colour. WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MY NEW DINING ROOM. <- All caps worthy! Or it will be. When I do it.

8. Kayla@HGTV says:

I can't get enough neon. My bathing suit is neon, my toes are neon, my nails are typically neon (but I'm fickle in the nail-painting department) and I can't stop buying all the accessories. I would totally have a crazy, electric home, but my BF would put his foot down. I'd love waking up in a neon-yellow bed, though. This rocks!

9. Chris Kandrat says:

Thought neon was done years ago, but seeing this, it looks like it might have a big come back, pretty nice.

10. Shona N. says:

I love the neon!!! And I'm glad you didn't pick ONE color. I announced to family and friends that MY color for the year is ….. CONFETTI