Do you have a hard time throwing away your light bulbs? There is something about it that seems so wrong, so I think it’s easier and more eco-friendly to find new life for them. Light Bulb Spice Rack

As part of their RECYCLAMP SERIES, Annisa Fardan Nabila and Aulia Amanda Santoso filled their old light bulbs with various spices to create a one-of-a-kind spice rack. I would love to add these to my kitchen countertop, or even find a way to hang them to save space (any ideas?). What other uses can you find for your old light bulbs? Tell us in the comments below.

Design Inspiration

1. Grantley@HGTV says:

You can make terrariums with light bulbs!

2. [...] Daily Delight: Repurpose Your Old Light Bulbs HGTV Design Happens Thu, June 7, 2012 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

3. Miss Dynamite says:

Store paper clips!

4. Amy says:

I'm struggling with this one – I feel like light bulbs are so fragile that I would break them straight away!

5. Ginny says:

What if you spray painted them and or decorated them to make them into Christmas ornaments – I haven't tried this but seems like it should work-even the round things in the top of ornaments should fit in the bulb to put the hook on.

6. Elaine says:

the glass on these looks WAY thicker than an average light bulb-dont pass it off as everyday items being recycled if we have to use special materials-bad form. :- (

• Mary says:

I agree. And how did they get rid of the silver screw part without breaking it? It looks like it was never there to begin with.

7. Eleanor says:

I have the same questions. Come on guys…you can do way better than this!

8. LKN says:

Lightbulbs make great maracas for your next fiesta/ party. Just take a burned out lightbulb, cover it entirely with paper mache layers (use brightly colored paper on your last layer), let dry for several days, then pound the hardened shape so that it breaks the bulb inside for the maraca rattling sound. There you have a perfectly shaped and sounding maraca. Ole'

9. Mary says:

So how healthy are tiny glass shards and tungstem residue?

10. Nita says:

I totally agree… Unless you have some sort of special bulbs, I couldn't imagine using them for spices! I have done the "maracas" and it does work great. I do hate just trashing them but I think they are just too easily broken to do much of anything with them. Not to mention the safety issue.