Spending time at the pool is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Unfortunately, most of us only get a couple of hours out of the day to enjoy the sunshine. If your only chance to hang out at the pool is at night, these glow-in-the-dark planters by Rotoluxe would really set the mood.

Glow-in-the-Dark Planters

Aside from the fact that they glow in the dark, one other cool factor is that they’re made from 100% recycled post-consumer and industrial plastics. I think they’re a fantastic alternative to pool lights, and you could even add a couple to your porch to provide an unexpected pathway of lights for visitors. You can purchase the planters from several vendor websites.

Design Inspiration

1. Juan says:

love that reflection in the pool. decorating a house is fun. We got hosed when a hail storm hit our house causing hail damage. Insurance company paid for the roof but the company was out of town and turns out all of our shingles needed to be replaced. The company is no longer in business and now we have to pay for a whole new roof. Here is a good video http://youtu.be/nSwLzOhSr04 that explains how to avoid common mistakes.

2. I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work
    and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I have incorporated you
    guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value
    of my website :)

3. Have you ever considered about including a
    little bit more than just your articles? I mean,
    what you say is fundamental and everything. However think of if you added some great photos
    or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent
    but with images and clips, this site could certainly be one of the very best in its field.

Very good blog!

my web blog – ab machines at the gym

4. Guest says:

My understanding is that the items glow best when first painted white, then with a few coats of the GID paint. Hope this helps!

• sarah says:

I have a garden ornament (angel) made from wire that I want to glow in dark.so far I have painted it white. Can Glow n dark paint help me.. any input will be appreciated

5. Debbie says:

I purchased a can and in their very small print. The label suggest using white primer on pot then cover with glow in dark paint.

6. kevin says:

7. Cerise says:

The article is misleading… Glow in the Dark is different from Solar… and you are right, these are solar (and very cool look it is)… but, I will point out that glow in the dark powders mixed in acrylic glow a LOT brighter than paints.
    I agree, there is no need or place for rudeness…. particularly in this case, I also fell for the "glow in the dark" were it turns out vicki was right, solar….

8. Lesley says:

Ive read that Rustoleum is not for outside use. Where can I buy it for outdoor use

9. Donna says:

My clay pot wouldn't work with it also. I have a regular large clay pot and I used almost one whole can, and no shine/glow after being in the AZ sun all day, I'm sending back to Amazon, so disappointed!

Farima AlaviFarima is the entertaining editor for HGTV.com. Aside from her job, she loves fashion, playing with her rambunctious Yorkie, Rosie, and is a self-proclaimed foodie. She lives in a house...

See What We’re Pinning