Whenever I buy new clothing, I save the tiny bag of spare buttons attached to the tag. Over the years, I’ve amassed quite a collection, but the buttons have outlived most of the garments themselves. If I don’t do some MacGyvering soon, I’m going to have a serious button surplus on my hands. If you’re in the same jam that I am, don’t worry — help is on the way. Get some inspiration from our own projects, or spring into action with these ingenious button crafts I found via Pinterest.

button bouquet craft

Bouquets make everything a little brighter, but I like the button blooms by Kelly Purkey at American Crafts Studio (pictured above) even better because they won’t wilt and die on you. How darling for a desk or a bookshelf!

button craft frame

Katie over at Skunkboy loves buttons and it shows. Check out this embellished frame she whipped up with some extra buttons and some hot glue. It’s as simple as that, people.

button pillow craft
Basic pillows are a perfect canvas for button creativity. If you have some rickrack and about 100 buttons to spare, you can make the charming cushions from All You seen here.

button art craft

Katie Bush of The Daily Telecraft took a cue from Homes and Antiques and the impressive button artwork of Vicky Cockell and came up with this DIY homage to Robert Indiana’s iconic “Love” sculpture. Which is appropriate, because I love it.

button craft wreath

Wreaths aren’t just for the holidays! This “Cute-As-A-Button” wreath from The O’Neil Sisters screams summer and tiki cocktail parties to me. Head to their site to get all the instructions.

Which button craft is “sew” you? And do you have any requests for this MacGyver? Leave your DIY dilemmas in the comments below.

Handmade

1. lar says:

I've glue gunned buttons to cover one of those brown plain boxes you get in a craft store. Went from boring to really pretty. Also did the same with sea shells.

• Briana@HGTV says:

Ooh, that's a fun idea. I'm great with a hot glue gun, lousy with a needle and thread, so it sounds like the craft for me! Thanks for sharing.

2. Sheila Baker says:

Colorful buttons in a mason jar are simple and classy looking.

• Briana@HGTV says:

I love storing things in mason jars or apothecary jars but somehow I never thought to display my buttons that way. Fab idea. :)

• Lorraine Tarbox says:

I have a window sill in my sewing room decorated with large clear vases filled with spools of thread. I found lots and lots of thread at yard sales last year, and now have them divided by color…I can see at a glance what I have for the next project! Bouquets that don't die!

• Thea says:

I never thought about it either…we can always learn something new.

3. lodi117 says:

I love all of these Ideas, these would even be great crafts to do with older children!

4. vaneca says:

that looks so fun and interesting i wonder if i could do that with my daughter because she absolutley loves art

5. Norma says:

Love all these button ideas. One may also make great button jewelry. Join the National Button Society. Button shows, competition and education about all things button.

6. nancy bell says:

i just made two button lampshades so pretty when they're lit up

7. Pingos do Céu says:

So beautiful and fun.

8. doreen says:

my hubby to scared to stand still in case i start putting beautifull buttons on him love them

9. Kay says:

Thanks for your ideas! I have a but load of buttons and a lot of time on my hands so I’ll be trying all of these:)

10. It’s awesome designed for me to have a web page, which
    is valuable designed for my know-how. thanks admin