Well, it’s true: Summer is officially here and that means vacation season is upon us. Hopefully, you have a relaxing getaway planned but if you’re staycationing because money is tight or just need a quick mental break, I’ve gathered together some of the country’s most luxurious hotels for your virtual vacationing pleasure. We’re talking lifestyles of the rich and famous, people! So, grab an icy summer beverage, kick back and take a photo tour of high-end hotels where high-end design reigns supreme plus get tips for bringing the boutique-chic look home.

If a desert vacation is your ideal, you could soak up some sun in uber-hip Palm Springs while taking design lessons from trendsetter Jonathon Adler at the Parker Palm Springs:Parker Palm Springs bedroom Check out 16 more Southwestern escapes in Tucson, Phoenix, Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

Or you could go coastal and let the ever-inventive Kelly Wearstler teach you the ways of the force at Viceroy Miami:
Viceroy Miami patio designed by Kelly WearstlerCheck out 16 more coastal getaways in Hawaii, Key West, Santa Monica and Miami.

If seeing the sights in a big city is more your speed, rub elbows with Manhattan’s upper crust at The Mark, designed by famed French designer Jacques Grange: The Mark in New York City Check out 18 more metropolitan hideaways in Boston, N.Y., L.A., Dallas and Washington, D.C.

If you’re the outdoorsy type, a mountaintop cottage, farmhouse or lodge may be your fantasy retreat. Escape the every day in east Tennessee at Blackberry Farm where the resort’s award-winning design team creates spaces that are the epitome of rustic chic: Blackberry Farm rustic sleeping porchCheck out 18 more rustic retreats in Vail, Aspen and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Now, we want to hear from you. What’s your dream (no expenses spared!) vacation and how would you bring 5-star hotel style home?

1. Terri O. says:

I could enjoy myself at any of these beautiful places. All are so inviting.

2. Kelly Adkins says:

Blackberry Farm suits me. Love the flooring in the photo too.

3. Amy says:

I agree with Terri – I could definitely have a great time at any of these places. They all look amazing! The beauty of a hotel for me is that it doesn't necessarily have to be my design style for me to fully appreciate everything.

4. Bree says:

I like the modern look of The Mark.

5. Becca says:

I love the black berry farm the best. It's just so outdoorsy and inviting. Someday, I hope to have a stone fireplace like that.

6. Erin Velasquez says:

Just my opinion but the room shown in Palm Springs is cold and not very inviting. But everybody has different taste I know.

7. [...] Peek Inside America’s Chicest Hotels HGTV Design Happens Mon, June 25, 2012 2:01 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

8. HollandandGreen says:

Oohh I am just in love with the hanging sofa on the last picture

9. Woody Coco Martin says:

Any hotel room just wouldn't be the same if it didn't have style and comfort written all over it. That first picture actually reminded me of the room I stayed in at one of the hotels near green park. I almost didn't want to leave.

10. Demon says:

Really awesome hotel… i would like to stay once…Last time i visited such kind of Hotel in Donegal.. it was also an awesome experience.