I won’t even try to pretend — I’m not exactly Mr. Sporty. A coworker (thanks, Marianne) had to remind me that the 99th Tour de France began this past Saturday (it runs, or “bikes”, through Sunday, July 22). Now, I am informed about the Lance Armstrong scandal that’s currently making headlines, but other than that — I’m clueless to this sport. So, I’ve done a bit of research. And, um, whoa!

The official Tour de France 2012 website reads that these cyclists will cover 3,497 kilometers in this competition. Since kilometers mean nothing to me, I Googled that into miles — people, that’s over 2,170 miles! These bikers must be unhinged (ahem, dedicated). Forgive me, again, I’m not sporty.

In honor of the cyclists who are out there pedaling their hearts out in the French countryside in this summer heat, we at HGTV raise our glasses to you (and we’ll do it in these amazing bicycle glasses from uncommongoods.com).Bicycle Glasses

The race itself may be lost on me, but add a stylish spin to any sport, and I’m sold!

1. Marie Long says:

I don't know anything about the race either but I'm loving these glasses.

2. Janese says:

These are kind of pricey but several friends come over and we watch the race together. How impressed will they be when I get out these glasses to serve them. Ordering a set today.

3. SRJ says:

Very cute.

4. Jenna Crossfield says:

I like the fact that they are each a different color and not all the same. Nice.

5. Christina says:

These are really fun! I wouldn't mind if they did this with cute food shapes.

I have a funny story about cereal and pie that I think you'd enjoy. http://www.becauseofmadalene.com/2012/07/cereal-o

Christina

6. dac says:

I'm really impressed with these glasses. Thanks for sharing.

7. fran myers says:

can you say CUTE!

8. Pat Camden says:

Unusual and I like them. I love to bicycle.

9. Amy says:

These are awesome. I love the colors they chose! Here is a great handmade bicycle wall art piece – http://www.purehome.com/shop/index.php/bicycle-wa… – pricey yes, but it is handmade here in the USA. I just love bicycle stuff, vintage or otherwise!

10. tmatespresco says: