If money woes or the recent crazy weather has you vacationing at home this summer, now’s a great time to tackle some of the updates you’ve been putting off. Let’s start in the living room — after all,  it’s where you gather with family and friends and often the first room people see when entering your home. Time to show it some love. To get you started, I’ve gathered a few of my favorite living room updates that will add a lot of style for just a little cash.

With some lumber and trim, you could update your fireplace surround:Update Your Fireplace Surround

Or hit yard sales or unfinished wood stores for a matching pair of bookcases to fake the look of built-ins:Fake Built-In Bookcases

Add some style underfoot with a graphic rug:Add a Graphic Rug

Clear the clutter and creatively style your bookshelves:Tidy Up Your Bookshelves

Turn dollar store hula hoops into a funky chandelier:Make a Hula Hoop Chandelier

Give new life to an old bench by turning it into 2 side tables:
Repurpose an Antique

Or give the room a whole new vibe by painting the floors:Paint the Floors

What do you think, ready to give your family room or den a budget-friendly makeover? Then, check out more smart chic living room ideas here.

1. justin says:

I almost can't believe all that decor won't burn a giant hole in the average wallet.fundraising options on long island

2. thesis help says:

That's very impressive DiY work there. It's almost too tough to believe that those furnishings are made of basically recycled material.

3. Lee Johnson says:

The most impressive part is where you managed to redecorate like that and not burn a hole in your bank account. This just goes to show that being stylish doesn't necessarily have to be expensive.

4. jamees says:

v2 cigs electronic cigarette

5. Been trying to muster up courage to paint the floor in my sun room. Painted floors always look so good but I'm afraid I will mess it up somehow

6. Erik S. Cornish says:

nice

7. Been trying to gather up courage to color the floor in my sun area. Colored areas always look so excellent but I'm afraid I will mess it up somehow.

8. amber says:

This specific home is extremely wonderful particularly the house cinema. This reminds myself from the good house cinema installation throughout Perth for the getaway home and also precisely how completely it fits the actual enjoyment area. The lining of your home likewise fits the house cinema system. –.