Can you guess what material artist Sean Avery used to create this bird? Look closely.

Broken CD Bird

Broken CDs!

So what about you? Are you equally skilled at making something out of nothing? Tell me what you can do below!

Art

1. Patricia says:

Now THAT'S putting on the thinking cap. How unusual.

2. Cynthia says:

I probably could have figured out it was CDs in person but I never would have known what it was. I like that a lot.

3. Tonya says:

I like.

4. [...] is one of the most unique projects I have spotted in a long time, and I found it on the HGTV [...]

5. @DIYMarta says:

CDs. I can tell cuz I just cut up some CDs to make kaleidoscopes. : )

6. Russell U Moran says:

That was incredible! I thought it was a real bird when I first looked at it. Well I can do ice carving sculpture, although the ice I should use should not come from nothing, as it require big block of ice. This one though looks amazing and artsy despite the less usage of materials.

7. Gene Johnson says:

Wow, never realized those were broken cd's! I have seen a wonderful wedding ice carving but carving out of cd's can be equally awesome too!

8. Mai says:

This details is really useful, thanks for the research that you have actually done.

9. Marcelene says:

I like what you have done here, please keep providing stella information.