I’ll be the first to admit that the mason jar trend is getting to be a bit played out. After all, Pinterest is filled with clever and adorable uses for these humble jars. But I had to share one of my favorite mason jar hacks, this simple idea from the Six in the Suburbs blog.

Mason Jar Cocktails

For my next summer soiree, I won’t be a a slave to the bar cart, mixing drinks for my guests all night. Nope, I’ll be making drinks ahead of time, sealing them in mason jars, and putting them on ice. Self serve never looked so good.

1. Jennifer Ashby says:

What a great idea. And they look so inviting too!

2. Andrea says:

Love the idea. Love the mason jars.

3. TAJ says:

Such a smart idea, thinking ahead, making it easy on the hostess.

4. THeresa Simpson says:

Good time saver, but using the mason jars might make it harder to keep an eye on guests consumption. …Leave keys at the door please.

5. Amy says:

This is such a fantastic idea! We recently did a blog post featuring all sorts of DIY projects with mason jars and this would have been an awesome one to feature! Check out other cool things you can do with mason jars at – http://blog.purehome.com/2012/diy-roundup-5-proje….

6. Liz_HGTV says:

I too am starting to have mason jar fatigue, but this is a great idea!

7. [...] Mason Jar Cocktails… Oh YES…I want to be invited to this party…don’t YOU? [...]

8. francesca says:

small mason jars are marvelous for juice glasses.

9. biagorfectsou says: