For my first Mood Board Monday, I chose a daring, bright red which I think perked everyone up. But this week, I felt like cooling things down a tiny bit with a hue I’ve loved since I was a child: tangerine. (Could this have something to do with being born and raised in Knoxville, TN, home of the Volunteers? I won’t deny it.) It’s considered warm on the color wheel, yet still feels refreshing. This lighter shade of orange pairs well with white or cream and can combine surprisingly well with other brighter colors, too.

Mood Board Monday - TangerineGood Things Grow :: MadeByGirl :: the covetable :: via Pinterest :: Style Me Pretty :: The In-Between :: Chictopia :: St. George Weddings

What do you think of tangerine? Yes to orange clothes, but no to orange decor? (Or vice versa.) Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Mood Board Monday

1. Sharmon N. says:

I like tangerine, an uplifting color.

2. CplusE says:

How could I not love your color mood boards? You have chosen to highlight my favorite (bright red) and my second favorite (citrusy orange) colors! I know it's possible to have too much of a good thing, but I've liked everything I've seen so far. Can't wait to see what's in store for next week!

3. Laurie N. says:

This is a good color to choose. I like it.

4. Dana says:

Love the orange door.

5. Sharron says:

Tangerine is one of my favorite colors.

6. Annie36 says:

I, too, love the orange/tangerine door. I bought lime for my front door. My children are appalled and I haven't done it yet but will. I am going to have to replace the doors soon so now is the time to play with color.

7. DEE says:

DEE i just purchased 4 chairs at a hotel salvage store. they were orange. i love them ! but we were loading them in my car and the sun was shinning on them. in the texture the high parts were orange and the low parts had a pink cast! they now sit in my dinning room of our new home. that was a "BEST BUY" My Favorite type of score,

8. CJCali says:

o, dear, I'm actually salivating. Love it all but thanks for the door….don't know why I didn't think of that myself!

9. Leedom says:

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience about unpredicted feelings.

10. Nathanial says:

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!