With fall just a few short months away, I’ll be spending even more time on my patio and I’m sure you will, too. There’s nothing quite like entertaining outdoors when the weather turns crisp and the leaves are falling. This week, we have the perfect DIY project to give your outdoor space ambiance and seasonal appeal.

How to Build an Outdoor Chandelier

How to Build an Outdoor ChandelierUse a wood board, Mason jars and votive candles to create a rustic outdoor chandelier.

To create this chandelier, you’ll need these materials: wood board (any size), spray paint (any color), screw eye hooks, manila rope, Mason jars, seeds/beans and votive candles in glass holders.

How to Build an Outdoor Chandelier

First, paint the top, bottom and sides of the wood board and let dry completely. Then, screw eye hooks into each corner on the top of the board. Attach each Mason jar to the board with a hot glue gun, making sure they are equal distance apart. Begin filling each jar one-third full with seeds or beans, and then place the glass votive candles in the jars low enough to keep them in place.

How to Build an Outdoor Chandelier

Once the jars are full, add your manila rope by threading it through the screw hooks and hanging it from your desired location on the porch. Get the Full Step-by-Step Instructions >>

Give this outdoor lighting project a try, and then tell us how it transforms your outdoor space!

More Beautiful Chandeliers From Design Happens:

1. Sylvia Arnold says:

This looks easy enough and I really like it. May just have to try making this.

2. Margaret P. says:

This is great and seems pretty simple to do.

3. Christina says:

So clever and so pretty. I'll have to try this for the new home next month!

Come check out the Parmesan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes I made. http://www.becauseofmadalene.com/2012/08/parmesan

Christina

4. Cynthia says:

I have all the supplies needed for this project and I'm going to do it!

5. Carmen says:

Very pretty.

6. JenCarrollVA says:

Fun! I have a ton of jars waiting to be used. This is a great project to use some of them up!

7. Deborah says:

I did a similar project using small mason jars and tea lights… I wrapped picture wire around them and hung them on hooks. I thinks I'll add some beans now… I had wanted to add sand, but just never remembered to pick some up.

8. christie says:

Great if you don't have any wind!

9. [...] Read the full article here: HGTV How-To: Build an Outdoor Chandelier [...]