What’s the best thing about this “succulent garden” from Addicted2Decorating.com?

You can’t kill it!

Pistachio Shell Art

You will need lots and lots of pistachio shells for this project.

Pistachio Shell Art 2

Creativity at its finest!

Do you have a craft project that involves using something that is pretty random? Let me know what it is in the comments below!

Handmade

1. Maureen D. says:

This is the neatest craft I've ever seen! I know I would never have the patience to make it, but it's just great. Looked at the link and her step by step directions are flawless. And I love the fact that she made it into a decoration for her front door. LOVE THIS!

2. Connie says:

Wonderful idea and looks so neat.

3. Steve says:

That took a lot of pistachio shells but the outcome is cool.

4. Tracy says:

Oh My Gosh!! This is awesome. Clever, clever! I'm also ready to devour a bunch of nuts.:p

5. pixelecho69 says:

Who knew nuts could be so artistic.

6. Stephanie says:

Crazy over this craft. Love that she used it on her door.

7. [...] Pistachio Shell “Succulent Garden” HGTV Design Happens Thu, September 6, 2012 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

8. Kat says:

So cool! I love this idea and I LOVE the colors!
    1) so I've made some wall art with toilet paper cardboard rolls. This is not my own creation, just an idea from pinterest. 2) The one that was mostly my own doing was that my husband and I made our headboard for our bed out of wood door shims. Anyway, I was inspired from an art installation I saw on HGTV year ago, but we put a whole new spin on it. So we wanted to create a woven look so we stacked them 3 high and pin-nailed them to a larger sheet of heavy plywood. Every row switched directions… then we stained it and framed it out with some 2X4s that we painted glossy black.

9. marie thornton says:

this is such a unique look and unusual craft. love the shells.

10. Becky Benton says:

I didn't know they came in so many different colors! I've seen Red and natural, but not the other colors. Can you dye the shells? If so, what kind of dye do you think could be used…maybe I'll have to investigate…This picture gave me an idea for a "sailor's valentine" shadow box using natural organic materials besides shells. I'm assuming they were glued with a glue gun?