My colleague Kayla requested hanger crafts in the comment section of last week’s wood pallet post, and since I’m a people pleaser, I did not want to disappoint. Lucky for me, wooden hangers and coat hangers in particular are a crafting goldmine. Joan Crawford was famously down on wire hangers, but they too can be put to good use as I found out from my Pinterest perusing. (Maybe she would have liked them more if she knew how to repurpose them?) Take a peek at my finds and tell me which you’d like hanging around in your home!

coat hanger rack
A coat rack…made of coat hangers? This idea from Replayground is very meta, but you gotta admit that it makes a certain amount of sense (hats on the top, scarves or coats draped on the wire hooks) and looks sculptural to boot.

coat hanger fruit bowl
This hanger craft could prove very fruitful, literally. Wooden coat hangers sans hooks form the “ribs” of a modern fruit bowl. Get the tutorial from Bosch‘s website and artfully arrange the finished product on a sleek countertop for just the right effect.

coat hanger art
Don’t feel like having all those photos, posters and art prints professionally framed? There’s something effortlessly cool and boho about using wooden pant hangers to display art instead, as Meg Lewis of Apartment Therapy has done here. Instant gratification never looked so good.

coat hanger jewelry rack
Jewelry often gets tangled up or forgotten at the bottom of a box. With this simple solution from Household 6 Diva, all your baubles are at your fingertips and on display. The stacking feature is especially space-saving.

hang shoes with hangers
Wire hangers turn the pile of flip-flops kicked off by your front door into a clean collection you can easily browse. Head to Epbot to see how it’s done, and change your mind about those dry cleaner leftovers forever.

1. Jan says:

Creative suggestions.

2. Tiffany says:

Like the picture with the photos and art prints hung with hangers. Good use of a hanger.

• Briana@HGTV says:

Glad you liked it, Tiffany. I have so much art I've never gotten around to framing, too! I think I'll be trying it myself at home. :)

3. I must admit it ranks up there among one of the most unique blog ideas I have ever seen.

4. pixelecho69 says:

This idea is great thank you HGTV I have some wooden and wire hangers in my closet so I will try it.

5. Kayla@HGTV says:

Aw, Briana! The fruit bowl is awesome. That's definitely something I would have never thought about doing.

6. Amy says:

You can do some great things with hangers, amazing! Definitely some ideas up there that I would have never thought of!

7. Liz_HGTV says:

I love the idea of using wooden hangers to display favorite prints! I love how you can easily move and rearrange so you always have something fresh to look at.

8. These hangers are very nice; I like to use the wooden hangers instead of plastic hangers. We can arrange then according to our choice.

9. Lauren Cooke says:

Exclusive designed hangers are looking very stylish to look at! I guess it'll be durable, too. I want to fix the hangers in my room to keep the stuffs perfectly managed in a small place. Thank you so much for posting the images of the beautiful hangers with detail. http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/coat-hooks

10. Petra says:

I love crafts from everyday things around the house! I found this free downloadable PDF on crafts with hangers that I thought was pretty cool. They even show you how to make a chandelier out of clothes hangers! http://www.onlyhangers.com/163/free-pdf-download-