You may recall, I hate camping. And yet, here I am — delighted once again by something that involves sleeping outdoors. Perhaps I do like the idea of camping and just detest the actual activity? Whatever — I’ll self-diagnose some other time.

Look at this! You (not me), but YOU can now camp suspended from a tree on top of a Bavarian mountain in Germany. It’s sort of crazy, but it’s sort of awesome (again, for you — not me).

Tree Camping in Germany

What do you think? Are you brave enough to hang out  in nature? I’ll be happy to cheer you on from my hotel window.

Travel

1. Rachel says:

Crazy doesn't quite fit the bill, James. I do agree though that it might pull in more visitors, even to the most obscure hotels in hyde park.

2. Jonathan says:

I better get the tents and family campervan sydney ready for a long trip. The kids will definitely want to try that kind of camping.

3. samy says:

it would be so so awesome :)

4. my grandmother is always into herbal stuffs and she always say that ayurvedic medicines are the top stuff**

5. An intriguing discussion will probably be worth comment. I

6. hAZZA G says:

wonder how u go to the toilet

7. Joe Werner says:

For sure you would have your own privacy. Think of those people hang on the side of a cliff 1000 ft above the ground in a tent. I'll look from hotel window also. Joe Werner

8. Trashly says:

You get to poop outside and in the air! Woohooo

Grant DudleyGrant is the editor-in-chief of Design Happens and digital programming manager of HGTV.com. Despite growing up begging his mom not to ever drag him to another antique store, today his...

See What We’re Pinning

• Simple Wedding Cakes and Desserts | Entertaining Ideas

• Bargain decorating in a beach cottage #hgtvmagazine

• A bucket of balls for the good dog in your life #pets

• A fun kids room in a cool ranch house #housetour