To me, fall usually means the start of planning for the holidays. It may be too early for some of you, but they’ll be here before you know it. And with holidays comes entertaining. If you’re playing host this year — but don’t have the budget for new tableware — then this craft is just what you need.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ceramic white plates (from the Dollar Store)
- a Sharpie in your desired color
Here’s how you do it:
1. Measure for the center of the plate using a ruler. Use a stencil, or freehand your letter using a pencil first, then draw over it with a Sharpie.
2. Fill in your letter to create a calligraphy effect if you aren’t using a stencil. I used this tutorial as a guide.
3. Add any other designs you’d like, such as polka dots.
4. Bake your plates in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes to make your designs permanent. Be careful when taking out the plates, and let cool.
Give this project a try, and let us know how it turned out in the comments below.
Try These Holiday Recipes: