Well, it’s October. And for a lot of my friends and coworkers, this is their favorite time of year. The air is cool, football is on TV, and the leaves are putting on a show. Me? I am just cold. Luckily October’s Color of The Month is a real winter warmer.

Bright Red Sideboard

That’s right, Scarlet Red. Or Bright Red. See, this month Kayla and Liz, well…they pitched the same color. They just called it by different names—Kayla sticking to Bright Red, while Liz went with Scarlet. Which honestly, is all well and good. Great minds think alike and all that. Except…

Bright Red Pillows

The accusations started flying. Kayla accused Liz of stealing her Pinterest pins. Liz called Kayla’s color name pedestrian. And just like that, we had a fight* on our hands. Let me just say…I can’t wait for you to see the video in a couple of weeks. It makes last months Battle of the Greens look like a tea party.

In the meantime, check out the HGTV Color of The Month Pinterest board and tell us what you think. Would you call this color Bright Red or Scarlet Red? Better yet, would you decorate with this spicy shade?

*Okay, maybe not a fight. But there was heated banter and a voice was raised!

Design Inspiration

1. CplusE says:

Bright red is my favorite color. In small doses, it is all over our house. The exception is my office, where I went all out and painted the walls this shade (no one else has to look at it but me, so why not?). Great color of the month choice, no matter what you call it!

2. Brenda W. says:

I call this color WOW! I love it no matter what the name is. Great choice.

3. GBR says:

My favorite color.

4. LOVE RED REGARDLESS, BUT THINKING APPLES IN OCTOBER TOO, SO I VOTE CANDY APPLE RED!!!

5. Lydia says:

RED RED RED. Can't go wrong with this color!

6. Beth says:

My favorite decorating color – I even tried leaving it out of my new house but it crept into every room eventually. Sky blue kitchen with red small appliances, red matting on all hanging pictures, red pillows, and a red hot bedroom! The front door is called (hey Rene) Candy Apple Red!

7. andrea rogers says:

Love the red!

8. tracey says:

does anyone know where I can find pictures of a black and white bedroom?

9. Bill Lamphier says:

Hey!! Is this month color is Red ?… wow amazing and Fantastic. Thank you all for reminding the color of the month.
    —————————-
    cabinets rta

10. Lois says:

Red is the best colour for dining rooms as it stimulates conversation and appetite!