Every day, I peek at what our online readers are doing. Web data tells me what makes you click. This week, I know what many of our readers want to do in the bedroom — spice it up with striped bed linens and colorful bedding.

In August, a vast number of online users were perusing ideas for white bed linens. As temperatures drop for fall, it’s a great time to layer bedding and add color.

Designer Tyler Wisler suggests, “keeping the main components like the fitted and flat sheets in white or ivory, giving you unlimited flexibility in popping in some personality like a limey-green throw over a simple black quilted coverlet, or layering patterned-and striped-cases in the same color family to interject some eye candy.”

Courtesy of Tyler Wisler

Tyler says, “Bed linens are one of the easiest accessories to get a lot of look without having to change too much. If you don’t feel like making the full investment in an entire new set seasonally (which can get costly), you can switch out the shams from sunny summer yellows, to more golden fall ochers in a snap.”

Courtesy of Tyler Wisler

Nancy Fire, Creative Director and Founder of Design Works Intl/First2Print and Design Director for HGTV HOME, recommends adding a bright color with texture. She says global-inspired fabrics are popular right now. “Our clients love the mix of color and texture, especially when mixed with a larger scale layout. The texture inside the damask emulates a woven technique.”

Design Works International

If you’re having trouble deciding, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Design Happens’ own Grant Dudley recently went on an exhaustive search for the perfect bedding.

As you look for ideas, Tyler says, “Have fun with it! After all, you do spend a third of your life in bed, so make it awesome!”

How are you heating things up for fall in your home? Tell us about it…or just keep clicking.

1. Cassie says:

I like to change out the bedspreads and curtains when the seasons change. Fall is my favorite for the warm colors.

2. [...] Trending on HGTV.com: Bold Bedding HGTV Design Happens Thu, October 4, 2012 12:00 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

3. Laura says:

Love that big mirror in the first picture.

4. Amy says:

Agree with Cassie – I love to switch up duvet covers and blankets and whatnot as the year progresses. Some styles & colors work in winter and others in the spring!

5. Steve says:

I agree the best color for bed linens is white or ivory. If one wants to bring in color, they can do so with decorative pillows and a throw. This allows one to easily change the entire look of a bed with just a few accessories. Consider jewel tones for the fall and winter and pastels for the spring and summer. Here is a no sales pitch blog that discusses bedding <a href="http://www.verolinens.com/blog/” target=”_blank”>www.verolinens.com/blog/

6. Tangomomma says:

I agree that Fall is the time for change, but I start doing small steps so that when the holidays arrive I'm not in a MAD rush. I have coverlets in cream / cocoa and jewel tones that can carry my bedroom into the holidays. I change out my sheets and blankets when the mood strikes me. I shop for reversible coverlets, they offer more use out of one item from Spring to Fall or Winter to Spring. I'm not pushing a company but I have found great coverlets at Marshall's and T. J Max.

7. robin says:

i'm having trouble finding lemon yellow sheets in size queen…any suggestions???

8. Kelly says:

Bold is definitely the right word for those beddings. Even the most humble headboards would scream with flair with those designs.

9. Ling says:

Keep the posts coming it was practical