This summer, we conducted our first-ever “Be the New Sound of HGTV” contest with Paste Magazine. We encouraged artists and bands to submit their original songs for consideration as the new sound of HGTV’s House Hunters International. The winning song, “This Way Home” by CR Smith, is now being featured in HGTV promotions (watch a clip now).

HGTV Music

The competition for the new song was fierce! Just listen to the full versions of the winning song and the runners-up. Tell me what you think in the comments below. Let’s talk music!

HGTV On-Air

1. Marci says:

Catchy song. I like it a lot!

2. Kimberly L. says:

Love the new music.

3. [...] of HGTV’s House Hunters International HGTV Design Happens Mon, October 15, 2012 4:27 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

4. Rona says:

House Hunters International is one of my favorite programs. I'll be listening for this music.

5. Patti says:

Love the show, but have noticed a lot of gay men lately on the show, don't care to watch them buying a home! So I don't watch!

6. Betty Bratsky says:

I want to download new winner C.R.Smith's" This Way Home"
    We love Him and Belong to Faith Chapel where he is music Director

7. Kara McDonald says:

I am also a HUGE CR Smith fan at Faith Chapel and would like the download. He is an outstanding artist that we are blessed to have as the Director of our Worship Team. Congratulations CR (Chris) we are sooooo proud of you. This is well over due.
    Kara McDonald

8. Karen Meyer says:

We are also a huge fan of CR Smith and belong to Faith Chapel. congratulations, Chris…we are so proud of you!!! Michael and Karen Meyer

9. Erin says: