I’ve noticed three things over the last week or so: it’s been getting darker a lot quicker; it’s starting to get permanently chilly; and to my delight, the leaves are finally starting to change. However, if you’re a homeowner, you may not be so elated to see your front yard, backyard and everything else newly covered in leaves.

Clean and care for your gutters at least twice a year, especially during the fall. Taking precautions now can help you avoid a big problem down the road.

People often don’t know they have a problem until their roof starts leaking or until one of their gutters comes crashing down. Taking measures early — like checking your gutters for leaks and cleaning out debris that has built-up over the seasons — will ensure you spend less time outside scooping up piles of wet leaves and more time inside sipping on apple cider.

Take a look at these easy tutorials for getting those gutters clean:
-How to Clean and Repair Gutters
-Video: Gutter Cleaning

Once your gutters are squeaky clean, check out these fun fall projects:
5 Apple Crafts That Are Cool to the Core
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Crafts
5 Easy Fall Crafts You’ll Fall For
Make a Fall Felt Leaf Wreath
Travel Channel: Take a Fall Foliage Road Trip

DIY

1. Tina says:

Just did this very thing last week.

2. Paul says:

Don't like doing this chore but it's well worth the effort.

3. Edilberto Durano says:

I'm going to this thing now! Thanks for the idea.
    Best wishes,
    Ed of ConnorBuilding.com

4. carolinaprep says:

I admit I've never done this myself. I suppose it can't be that bad!

5. amedar says:

I savour, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for. You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

6. alex says:

http://massageblog.net/ Great, thanks for sharing this blog post. Really looking forward to read more. Will read on&

7. adrina says:

You should Create stronger, better-looking gutters by modifying standard gutter systems. Minimize joints; assemble strong, sleek-looking seams; and add roof flashing to keep water flowing into the gutters where it belongs.

Commercial Guttering company

8. The funny part is that most people will wait for the gutters to collapse before doing anything. Seriously, how hard can it be to prop up a ladder and check before anything happens?