Corn casserole is a popular pin on Pinterest right now. Recipes vary and I can’t argue whether or not mine is the best version, but it’s certainly the most simple. You only need five ingredients and you can whip it up in less than an hour. This delicious, crowd-pleasing casserole is my ace in the hole for church potlucks and covered dish parties. In fact, it makes for an easy Thanksgiving recipe if you’ve started to make plans for the big holiday meal.

How to Make Corn Casserole, an Easy Thanksgiving Recipe

Photo Source: Pennies on a Platter

(serves 8-10)

Ingredients:

1-8 ounce container of sour cream
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1-15 ounce can creamed corn
1-15 ounce can whole kernel corn (drained)
1-8.5 ounce package cornbread mix*
*I recommend using Jiffy Mix

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients—sour cream, butter, creamed corn, corn niblets and cornbread mix.
3. Pour into a 1 quart casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.

Done. I’m not kidding. It’s that easy.

What are your easy go-to dishes?

Entertaining

1. bbrown says:

The other name for corn casserole is corn pudding

2. ewoman5 says:

is it suppose to be more of a bread consistency,or a pudding consistency???

• Blee says:

It's a cross between having a consistency like a souffle and that's why it's a pudding. Most of the recipes call for beaten eggs folded in…….hence a pudding like softness inside….not runny but set in middle like jello almost, just not stiff like that.

• Blee says:

If you have Stouffer's products in your area, try to find the Corn Souflee in the individual entree size………it's wonderful and once you try it, you will see what the Corn Pudding / Corn casserole looks like. Many people cook theirs with Cheese. I am not a cheese lover in this particular item, and that could be because I was accustomed to eating the Stouffer product before I ever cooked my first Corn casserole / pudding.

3. Blee says:

Corn Souffle Recipe
    2 Cans Whole Kernel Corn
    2 Cans Cream Style Corn
    4 Tblsp Flour
    3-4 Tblsp Sugar (Optional)
    1/2 – 1 Cup diced, sauted onion, bell peppers (optional)
    1 – 2 tsp seasoning of choice (I use Tony Chachere)
    1/3 Cup evaporated milk, Whole cream, or half/half
    4 Eggs, beaten
    2 Tblsp Margerine or Butter, cut & dropped in – in small pieces

Mix all together and pour into 13 x 9 baking pan……..oiled with Pam or other spray ……or line pan with Reynold's non-stick foil. Cover with foil or other lid or covering.
    Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees 1-1 1/2 hours . Check after 40 minutes and touch in center or stick fork in to see if it's set/ firm. If set remove covering so it can brown very lightly, but not burn. Sugar can cause burning.
    Remove from oven and let stand for 20-30 minutes to finish setting.

4. Felicia says:

Totally good!!! I added jalpeno peppers with radishes ( chopped ) and some cheese in the mixture… we like spicey!!!

5. Bettie Long says:

I have made this “Shamefully easy Corn Casserole” for years and it’s a family favorite. Can’t go wrong with the recipe.
    Sour cream jiffy mix creamed corn and whole corn with liquid.
    The very best!!

6. Bettie Long says:

I’ve been making this corn casserole for years. “We call it “Shamefully Easy Corn Casserole”. And it’s a family favorite.

7. davia says:

Even after an hour mine comes out a bit runny. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

8. mandy says:

can you make it without cream style corn?

• Bee says:

Yes, you could use just the whole kernel corn, but it's smoother with the creamed corn, more like a pudding or soufflé, and not so bubbly.

9. Chris H says:

Thanks for the recipe! Have you ever made it with Marie Calendars corn bread mix?

• Bee says:

Any cornbread mix works well. Most use Jiffy … I think because it's a little sweet and cake-like. I only use flour and eggs…no cornbread mix.

10. Marion says:

How long can the corn casserole be kept frozen?

11. bee says:

I add the frozen package of red, green, and yellow bell peppers and onion strips…Tasty and beautiful