Corn casserole is a popular pin on Pinterest right now. Recipes vary and I can’t argue whether or not mine is the best version, but it’s certainly the most simple. You only need five ingredients and you can whip it up in less than an hour. This delicious, crowd-pleasing casserole is my ace in the hole for church potlucks and covered dish parties. In fact, it makes for an easy Thanksgiving recipe if you’ve started to make plans for the big holiday meal.

How to Make Corn Casserole, an Easy Thanksgiving Recipe

Photo Source: Pennies on a Platter

(serves 8-10)

Ingredients:

1-8 ounce container of sour cream
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1-15 ounce can creamed corn
1-15 ounce can whole kernel corn (drained)
1-8.5 ounce package cornbread mix*
*I recommend using Jiffy Mix

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients—sour cream, butter, creamed corn, corn niblets and cornbread mix.
3. Pour into a 1 quart casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.

Done. I’m not kidding. It’s that easy.

What are your easy go-to dishes?

Entertaining

1. Carrie says:

I use this recipe and it is out of this world good.

2. wta says:

Yummmmeeeeeeee.

3. Brianna says:

This is the kind of recipe I like. Simple and it's good too. I make this.

4. pixelecho69 says:

I will definitely do this recipe we love cornbread so I know we will enjoy corn casserole.

5. PATT says:

THIS WILL BE ON MY TABLE…… Thanksgiving and perhaps for Christmas too………..

6. B B says:

Perfect, but even better when you add 2 beaten eggs, and 2 Tablespoons Sugar.

7. Renee says:

We usually add an egg, and let swiss cheese melt on top when its done cooking. Super good!!

8. capebretonite says:

Try adding green chilis to it too. To DIE for

9. Penny says:

I was looking for something different for Thanksgiving and this looks easy and delicious. I will probably add some chopped green onion and maybe some grated cheese.

10. B B says:

If you don't have corn bread mix, use 2-3 Tablespoons of flour, add 2-3 beaten eggs and a little sugar. Also saute onion, and red and green peppers and add to corn mixture before baking. Have also used cream or evaporated milk rather than sour cream. Makes an excellent casserole either way.