Here at HGTV.com, we try to push the envelope with our Color of the Month choices. After all, not everyone goes for contemporary coral or intense neon hues. But sometimes we can’t deny the appeal of a traditional color choice. That’s right, this month the Color Team here actually agreed — almost unanimously — on our color for November. Want to know what it is?

Chestnut Brown! This warm, toasty color had us daydreaming of Thanksgiving turkeys, cozy cashmere sweaters, and rich leather sofas in front of a roaring fire.

Chestnut 1

via Design Seeds

After much discussion, my winning Chestnut Brown Pinterest board couldn’t be stopped this month. To me, it’s the color equivalent to a warm hug — it’s inviting and welcome in every kind of room, from modern to the most traditional.

Chestnut2

via Canadian House & Home

Managing Editor Lili voted for Chestnut because “This rich brown with its red undertones feels just right for November. We’re all hunkering down for cold weather and this cozy, cozy color warms everything from hair to sweaters to sofas.”

Chestnut3

via Sarah Richardson Design

Chestnut Brown is like hot chocolate with a pinch of cinnamon. What say you, intrepid Design Happens readers? Do you welcome this toasty color into your home this time of year?

1. Kayla@HGTV says:

I LOVE this quote: "To me, it’s the color equivalent of a warm hug…" – so true!

2. Jeanine says:

This is a perfect color for November. Very warm and cozy.

3. Maria says:

I have the darkest brown on the pallet as my living room wall color. It makes me feel warm & cozy as. Cuddle up under a blanket.

4. dbg says:

A beautiful color.

5. paperflowerstudio says:

Beautiful warm and inviting colors…fantastic palette!

6. Rose says:

Love the color. Aside from the fact that my maiden name is brown lol, it's a color that just about every other color goes well with. I just did one accent wall of brown in our guest room and it is so welcoming esp with shades of pumpkin orange at this time of year. Plan on silver or red with it in winter and celery green or yellow in spring. It's the perfect color for the month of turkeys and bare trees and football. Thumbs up.:)

7. Mommah says:

Love the colors! Think I need to get painting.

8. Heidi says:

How do I find these actual paint colors, please? :)

9. [...] Up to November’s Color of the Month HGTV Design Happens Thu, November 1, 2012 1:00 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

10. Jerry says:

Please use protective eyewear!