I may be getting a little ahead of the game (or maybe not), but I’m in complete holiday mode. Here at HGTV.com, we’ve been working on holiday content all summer, so I’m ready to actually celebrate Christmas during the season. You’ll notice when you peek through this year’s holiday galleries and projects that we’ve mixed in some new, non-traditional palettes. Icy purple is one of my favorite modern holiday hues. It brings color to chilly, wintry surroundings.

Mood Board Monday: Icy PurpleThe Beauty Model :: Design Seeds :: HGTV.com :: HGTV.com :: Bayside Bride :: Pepper Design Blog via Style Me Pretty :: Bayside Bride :: My Favorite and My Best

If you’re loving this icy shade of purple, then check out Grant‘s inspiring Pinterest Board, “Icy Purple: Don’t Be Jealous,” for more pictures.

What’s your favorite holiday color palette? Do you like to stay with classic red and green or steer toward more modern hues? Tell me below.

1. RSS says:

I think the icy purple is beautiful for Christmas and so different looking.

2. Bettye says:

I used purple on my Christmas tree last year and it was one of the prettiest trees I've ever had.

3. BVD says:

The white tree with purple ornaments looks great.

4. Anna J. says:

One year I used this combination of ornaments: purple, turquoise, burnt orange, and kind of a lime green. It sounds just awful, but it was beautiful and really unique.

5. [...] Macarons Mood Board Monday: Icy Purple HGTV Design Happens Mon, November 12, 2012 3:00 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

6. Joy says:

The purple is wonderful.

7. Freda Baity says:

I would like to show my gratitude for your kindness for people that absolutely require support with this particular content. Your quite own dedication to getting the message all-around became particularly great and have in most cases encouraged girls considerably like me to attain their goals. This informative guideline implies so much to me and considerably much more to my office colleagues. Thanks a great deal; from each one of us.

Kayla KittsKayla is a special projects editor at HGTV.com and a co-editor-in-chief for Design Happens. Kayla is an overbearing cat mom with a love for vintage-modern furniture, artisan cocktails, organizing all...

See What We’re Pinning