The cabinetry in Jean-Louis Deniot’s kitchen is clad in hammered silver — it’s such a standout look! As we approach the Christmas season, I tend to fall all over myself for bright and shiny objects (you’ve been warned).

Metallic Kitchen Cabinets
Do you have bright colored kitchen cabinets, or a crazy hued sofa? What “WOW!” moment are you having in your home? Tell me!

1. RSS says:

Beautiful cabinets.

2. tjr says:

the marble with the hammered silver was a phenomenal choice

3. [...] Daily Delight: Metallic Kitchen Cabinets HGTV Design Happens Wed, November 14, 2012 11:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate Share (function(){var [...]

4. Paul says:

This is a great look for the cabinets.

5. Jackie says:

A very modern look; I like it a lot.

6. Briana@HGTV says:

Disco kitchen, I love you.

7. Liz_HGTV says:

Beautiful!

8. CJB says:

WOW…I would tire of this look quickly… it wouldn't appeal to many folks..I'm surprised at the positive comments. This could be a real turn-off when selling a home.

• Trish says:

True it might be a turn-off to prospective buyers, but some times we need to adorn our spaces without resale in mind, otherwise we get stuck in that box, literally.

I don't think it's a totally limited choice, BTW – some are calling it modern, but I immediately saw how to turn it romantically vintage, or funky farm with a change of lighting, hardware to change the architecture, elaborate accessories, and simply using paned cabinets above.

9. NotMartha says:

I like the contrasting warm tones, textures, and styles of the light fixture and frame that set off the cool silver and marble. This is a very unique kitchen in what I imagine is a very unique home.

10. Tracie says:

I think this would look great in a bathroom, not my kitchen. I can imagine how hard this might be to clean. Maybe if the counters were a darker granite.