We’re counting down to Christmas with a new holiday party tip, decorating idea or DIY project every day until December 25. Miss a day? See all the posts here.
Another day, another inspiring Christmas project! Today is all about door decor. Your home’s front door is one of the first thing guests see, so it’s a great place to focus your decorating efforts. But you don’t have to spend a lot of time (or money) to make a statement; for most projects, you just need a wreath form, some hot glue and a good idea. (Speaking of hot glue…check out Marianne’s easy pom-pom wreath how-to.)
Take your wreath in a traditional direction by adding moss and cranberries, or go crazy and affix your favorite holiday foods, like jelly beans, peppermints or even pistachios. And don’t feel like you have to go circular, either: a square picture frame or a cardboard monogram can look equally chic. How are you dressing up your door this year?
MORE GREAT FRONT DOOR DECORATING IDEAS:
- Creative Holiday Decorations for the Front Door (pictured)
- 9 Clever, Kitschy Wreaths You’ve Never Seen Before
- No-Fail Traditional Wreath Ideas
- How to Make a Moss and Cranberry Wreath
- Easy Yarn and Ornament Wreath
- Peppermint Candy Wreath
- How to Make a Burlap Ribbon Wreath
- Any-Season Jute-Covered Monogram Wreath
- How to Make a Christmas Pinecone Wreath