Have you seen HGTV Dream Home 2013?

HGTV Dream Home 2013
You’re invited to the HGTV Dream Home Pinning Party for an insider’s look tomorrow, 7-9 p.m. EST on our Pinterest board: click here.  Take a grand tour and chat with members of the HGTV Dream Home team in the comment fields of our pins. Meet the architects, carpenter and HGTV show producer for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the home that could be yours! You can also talk to Monica Pedersen, host of the HGTV Dream Home 2013 special, which airs on New Year’s Day at 7 p.m. EST. Enter daily for a chance to win starting Dec. 28 at 9 a.m. EST.
HGTV Dream Home 2013 Pinterest Pinning Party

New to Pinterest? To sign up, go to www.pinterest.com and select the button “Join Pinterest” at the top of the page. You can register via Facebook, Twitter, or an e-mail address.

At the virtual Pinterest party, we’ll be serving (ie: pinning) the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Signature Cocktail: The New South. Troy Ball of Troy & Sons, a North Carolina-based distillery specializing in finely made whiskeys and heirloom moonshine, commissioned John Aquino to create the cocktail. He is the mixologist at Wild Olive on Johns Island S.C. near Kiawah Island, the location of this year’s HGTV Dream Home.

Plan to mix a New South of your own tomorrow night and join us for this interactive event!

HGTV Dream Home 2013 Signature Drink, featuring Troy and Sons Whiskey

Photography by Jeremy Higgs, Charleston S.C.

The New South: Signature Cocktail for HGTV Dream Home 2013

Stir 2 oz Troy and Son’s Oak Reserve Whiskey with 1 1/2 tsp Jo Snow *Cherry & Thyme Syrup. Serve on the rocks, top with a couple splashes of soda water and garnish with an orange wedge and brandied cherries.

*To make your own Cherry & Thyme Syrup: Combine 12 oz. Black Cherry Extract (find it at your local grocery or health food store) and a handful of thyme in 6 oz. of water. Heat to steep for about an hour, then strain and chill.

John recommends infusing the bottle of Troy and Son’s Reserve with one medium orange peel (no pith); after 2 days, remove peel and keep in cool area

John Aquino is a Founding Member of the U.S. Bartenders’ Association, Charleston Chapter and Brand Ambassador for Cointreau.

HGTV Dream Home

1. Cynthia Ussery says:

wow, i am impressed. what i noticed first was the roof. "on fire", a few of my friends changed to that type of roofing and they love it. the zen nooks impressed my grandsons, husband and I are loving the layout of the house. HGTV you are "ON FIRE" with this one. thanks, cynthia

2. Josh says:

how much cash are they giving away with this dream home? Need to know if I should be dreaming of actually living there, or winning it and selling it?

3. Derby says:

Ugh. Industrial, cold. Since when are exposed bolts and plain wood posts attractive? No symmetry; exterior just looks crude. Like the nooks but not the color or material choices. Like the setting.

4. Jenny says:

So disappointed, usually, I can't wait to try and win the house. This year I think I will pass. It just seems like an inconvenient floor plan and the sleeping areas are so small. I would be a little embarrassed to have my parents, brothers and sisters come to visit and have them have to leave their bedrooms to use the bathroom in the morning? The colors and feel to me a little like last chance paint that was rejected by someone else. It feels like there is too much furniture in too little a space. The outside of the house is gorgeous, but the tiny swimming pool isn't something that the kids would have fun in and, I would be terrified that they would fall out. Sorry everyone, It's just not for me. It seems that dream homes from years gone by have truly been dream homes, this one doesn't feel that way. Good luck this year to everyone, perhaps this is your dream home and if that is the case, I hope you win.

Jenny from Bradenton, Florida

• Trudy says:

Gosh, I felt the same and disappointed.My home furniture is nicer! The pantry was plain UGLY…….where did this interior decorator study?They took a gorgeous location and home then transformed it into something cramped and gaudy.

• theresasanders says:

Embarrassed? Really? I'm thankful to have room for my family to visit and they certainly don't mind leaving the bed room to use the bathroom. What are you, royalty?

• Mark says:

This designer has really reached into the IKEA bland bin for her ideas on this house. I could not agree more you and a previous post from Derby. Beautiful views and interesting engineering and structural requirements but a rather dismal end result stemming from the designer's "tastes".

5. Lessie says:

I love every inch of this home! HGTV, you did a FANTASTIC job! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the 2013 Dream Home.

6. alice says:

Very disappointed with the decorating. Does not live up to past years in my opinion.

7. Erin says:

I love it! I wish I could win! I wonder about the mortgage on that one.

8. Kim says:

Wow love this house .would be the most amazing dream ever!

9. pixelecho69 says:

HGTV you did it again ! Amazing job everyone congratulations year after year you have never disappointed me the 2013 DH is another success.

10. sissy2m says: