Have you seen HGTV Dream Home 2013?

HGTV Dream Home 2013
You’re invited to the HGTV Dream Home Pinning Party for an insider’s look tomorrow, 7-9 p.m. EST on our Pinterest board: click here.  Take a grand tour and chat with members of the HGTV Dream Home team in the comment fields of our pins. Meet the architects, carpenter and HGTV show producer for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the home that could be yours! You can also talk to Monica Pedersen, host of the HGTV Dream Home 2013 special, which airs on New Year’s Day at 7 p.m. EST. Enter daily for a chance to win starting Dec. 28 at 9 a.m. EST.
HGTV Dream Home 2013 Pinterest Pinning Party

New to Pinterest? To sign up, go to www.pinterest.com and select the button “Join Pinterest” at the top of the page. You can register via Facebook, Twitter, or an e-mail address.

At the virtual Pinterest party, we’ll be serving (ie: pinning) the HGTV Dream Home 2013 Signature Cocktail: The New South. Troy Ball of Troy & Sons, a North Carolina-based distillery specializing in finely made whiskeys and heirloom moonshine, commissioned John Aquino to create the cocktail. He is the mixologist at Wild Olive on Johns Island S.C. near Kiawah Island, the location of this year’s HGTV Dream Home.

Plan to mix a New South of your own tomorrow night and join us for this interactive event!

HGTV Dream Home 2013 Signature Drink, featuring Troy and Sons Whiskey

Photography by Jeremy Higgs, Charleston S.C.

The New South: Signature Cocktail for HGTV Dream Home 2013

Stir 2 oz Troy and Son’s Oak Reserve Whiskey with 1 1/2 tsp Jo Snow *Cherry & Thyme Syrup. Serve on the rocks, top with a couple splashes of soda water and garnish with an orange wedge and brandied cherries.

*To make your own Cherry & Thyme Syrup: Combine 12 oz. Black Cherry Extract (find it at your local grocery or health food store) and a handful of thyme in 6 oz. of water. Heat to steep for about an hour, then strain and chill.

John recommends infusing the bottle of Troy and Son’s Reserve with one medium orange peel (no pith); after 2 days, remove peel and keep in cool area

John Aquino is a Founding Member of the U.S. Bartenders’ Association, Charleston Chapter and Brand Ambassador for Cointreau.

HGTV Dream Home

1. Maria says:

Wow !!!!Esta es la casa que eh estado esperando…..Es bella y los disen~adores hicieron un trabajo maravilloso… los colores me encanta y la furnituara esta perfecta para el lugar…..Me imagino levantandome cada man~ana en una casa tan bella como esa!!!!

2. Jackie Hall says:

I love it! Wish I could win it. I need this really badly!! You guy's did a great job.

3. Joy says:

I love it!! I really really love this house…….wishing I could win it….

4. diane cistaro says:

love the braided carpets ! where did they purchase them? diane

5. [...] of this year’s HGTV Dream Home in South Carolina. This was the first opportunity to get an Insider’s look at the Dream home, which is located near Charleston on Kiawah Island. Dubbed a low-country ‘zen cottage’, [...]

6. CoCoVirtue says:

I love every nook and cranny of this wonderful home. I would certainly love to call it my own. I'm gonna win this house. I'm just putting it out there. I'm winning. I have three wonderful children 27, 22, 20 with the worlds best grandson…7. And we would certainly love to live here and call this place home. Thank you HGTV you all have done a wonderful job. And I promise that we will treat this home with love and we love you all for building it just for us. Love you all. Still Blessed.

7. Cynthia says:

Wow some pretty harsh comments. I guess people are becoming experts on home decor and architectural design. I think there are many sweet designs in this home and would be ecstatic to own such a home.

8. Jeanette says:

The home looks good. I am going to win this home,:)

9. AlmaC says:

Awesome !! so pretty :)

10. Michael says:

Love every room, except Great Room to much of an asian vibe or just not my style but everything else I loved!