We’re counting down to Christmas with a new holiday party tip, decorating idea or DIY project every day until December 25. Miss a day? See all the posts here.
The best Christmas ornament is one with a story behind it. A great tree is full of family memories: Your daughter’s 6th grade class trip, your grandmother’s heritage, your first Christmas in a new home. Create new holiday keepsakes by making your own handmade ornaments this year.
Most of these ornaments are simple to make and require just a few materials from the craft store — you can make these beautiful origami butterflies with paper, scissors, glue and string. It’s the perfect thing to do as you watch a favorite holiday movie (White Christmas is my pick) and sip some hot cider (spiked or not.)
Or, host a casual ornament-making party so friends can join in on the fun. What Christmas ornaments are you making this year?
MORE HANDMADE ORNAMENT IDEAS:
- Make Origami Christmas Ornaments (pictured above)
- Try Marianne’s Amazingly Easy, 2-Step Glitter Globes
- Clay Ornaments Stamped With Holiday Cheer
- Make a Paper Snowflake Star
- How to Make Ombre-Painted Pinecones
- Turn Cookie Cutters Into Christmas Ornaments
- Make Basic Clothespins Into Holiday Stars
- 15-Minute Card Stock Christmas Ornaments
- 20 Easy-to-Make Handmade Ornament Ideas
- Christmas Tree-Trimming Tips From the Pros