Today The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey opens in theaters everywhere. In honor of the movie’s premiere, I present to you some of my favorite real life “hobbit houses” (also known as woodland homes). Can’t you just see Bilbo Baggins living in one of these?

Hobbit House

From Impressive Magazine

Hobbit House

From Homesteading and Survivalism Store

Hobbit House

From Beautiful Art

Hobbit House
Hobbit House

What about you? Could you see yourself living in a “hobbit house?” Tell me in the Comments!

Inspiring Spaces

1. Beccie says:

Thank you for sharing! Great pix! I could definitely live in these, they look so charming and inviting! Plus, I'm about the same size as a Hobbit!

2. maria says:

I could totally live in one but my husband is 6'4" and may not fit. My kids are 5'9" and taller as well.

3. Dvora says:

Most people would say, if I ever won a "prize" I'd live in a mansion… no, I would want to live in a Hobbit Woodland home. Sigh.

4. Gwen47 says:

I would really like to see photos of the interiors of these houses and more pictures of the other sides of the exteriors. In the midwest we used to have underground tornado shelters with earth mounds over the top—no windows of course. Maybe I could build one in my backyard to use as a root cellar and/or storage.

I had solar tubes put in my two windowless bathrooms and I love them. Wish I had installed one in my kitchen.

5. Wendi says:

Check out Sleepy Hollow Ent. (whimsicalfairygarden.com) They've had playhouses on HGTV My Yard Goes Disney. They have a Hobbit Playhouse for $4000 + delivery and setup.

6. Easy Home Concepts says:

I could see myself living in one of these hobbit houses. I'm sure that they are cozy on the inside, feels safer and eco-friendly living there as well.

Visit My Site: http://easyhomeconcepts.com

7. zzz says:

You missed one…on Bainbridge Island WA

8. One thing's for sure – you won't have to spend a fortune on furnishings and decor with houses this small. You could probably even get one regular sized curtain or shutter, then cut it up to cover all the windows.

9. Vivian N De Morrow says:

May I suggest that you add several homes in Charlevoix, MI to your pics of Hobbit Homes? They have been there long before Hobbiys showed up on our horizon. I'd call them "urban hobbit homes".