Over the past few days, the HGTV online team, contributors, Design Happens bloggers and special guests have shared their favorite designs, trends, ideas, tips and projects from 2012 on Pinterest. See what we loved: HGTV 2012 Favorites.

The 2012 Design Star fan favorite and finale runner-up Britany Simon also shared her favorites.

I included the most popular pins from readers as well. The top three most pinned photos from HGTV.com in 2012 are:

Vintage Drawer Storage

Candle Display

Outdoor Fireplace

What were your favorite trends and ideas of 2012?

Announcements

1. CAROL ANN says:

I LOVED THE TOUNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE SHOW YOU ALL DID A FANTASTIC JOB…. TWO SUGGESTIONS POSSIBLY MOVE MATS CORNER TO MORE OF THE CORNER. ALL YOUR COMMENTATORS WERE GREAT FUN !!
    PLEASE PLEASE DO A CLOSE-UP FLOWER CORNER WHEN YOU SHOW THE TOTAL FLOAT YOU HAVE ROOM IN PLACE OF THE CROWD SHOT
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS UP CLOSE LIKE THE ROSES, ORCHIDS, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, COLORFUL FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS THAT ARE THE BEST OF THAT FLOAT,… YOU SHOW THE SEEDS AND WHITE GRASSES BUT I LOVE COLORFUL FLOWERS!!CAROL ANN

2. Candy says:

When will Candice and Genevive and Color Confidential shows be back on. I've watched all the current shows and re-runs so many times that I know the dialogs. Would love to see them again!!!

3. Kat says:

So anxious to see something more than House Hunters and Love or List It, please!!!

4. Connie says:

Most people watch tv shows or the news,NOT Me. my tv is programed only too HGTV,love it or list it,and property brothers are my favorites.

5. Ellie says:

Please keep giving me more Sarah Richardson and designers of her style. She's superb!

6. Carol Milburn says:

I love Sarah Richardson and would love to see more…..and also Candice Olsen is spectacular…..I need help everywhere BUT if I had to choose one area it would be my family room that was destroyed with angry winter bringing in water……I just retired and thought I was finished there and could concentrate on other areas BUT!!!!! back to square one….Carol from Massachusetts