Happy New Year! All of us at HGTV are home ringing in the new year in our pajamas, but we didn’t forget to vote on our first Color of the Month of 2013 before the offices closed. And what color had us ready to embrace the coming year? It’s warm, it’s shiny, it glows…it’s GOLD!

Gold Color of the Month January

Color Team member Jill pitched Gold in December, but it didn’t make the cut for 2012. But then Kayla put her spin on it and suddenly we all had the Midas Touch. After the festivities of New Years Eve, the richness of gold just feels right.

Gold Sideboard and Accessories

So what say you? Are you feeling the warm glow of gold to kick off the new year? How would you decorate with this always-in-style metallic?

For more golden inspiration, check out the HGTV Color of the Month Pinterest board.

1. Emily says:

I love gold! In my wedding planning is really how I've realized it….

I think it's a great color. :)

xoxo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

2. Joanne P. says:

I love gold in decorating too.

3. I love gold. It's really a different play on yellow and oak shoes! elizabeth traub

4. Michelle says:

Nothing to do with this post but I wish Drew and Jonathan Scott would have made a Christmas special that showed them growing up! I just found out there's another talented (and handsome brother)! That would be a great Christmas special–or any time of year!

5. Carol says:

I love gold for many dining occasions because it's a rich classy color and also brings a space alive.

6. Cheryl says:

Gold is a classic…great for use in decorating any room in the home!

7. @Stormy013 says:

Love that " Loveseat" it looks so soft & comfortable. The curtain behind it nice touch.

8. Design Fluff says:

I'm so glad you picked gold! I adore it! I use painters tape and gold-rub-n-buff to make geometric faux "wallpaper." I also love my Krylon gold leafing pen to add a metallic touch to certain decorative items in my house, for instance my rhino busts. I brought them up to date by gold "dipping" their horns. I definitely have the Midas touch this year and have a lot of projects in store for our home with this warm metallic.

9. [...] design gurus over at HGTV have cast all their ballots for color of the month and the results are in! GOLD is all the rage for [...]

10. Barbie says:

Have The Property Brothers ever made a trip to Greenwood. IN?