Did you catch the new season premiere of Downton Abbey last night? If you’re as obsessed as we are here, indulge your Anglophile tendencies with some adorable and appropriate vintage teacup crafts. These darling ideas are perfect for flea market finds and/or old teacups with minor chips and nicks in them. Finger sandwiches and tea cakes optional…though highly encouraged.

teacup light

Via: Ideas

Here’s a bright idea: Turn a teacup into a pendant light! I can picture rereading Pride & Prejudice under one of these pretty bulbs. Head to Ideas to get the full DIY instructions.

teacup candles

Via: Hey Gorgeous Events/Photo: Jenna McKenzie Photography

If you’d prefer to kick it old-school, you can still shed some light on the subject with teacup candles. These stunners from Hey Gorgeous Events would also make cute favors for a wedding or tea party.

teacup cake stand

Via: A Beach Cottage

This clever teacup cake stand craft by Ig (via A Beach Cottage) seems ideal for serving up petit fours and other dainty sweets. Head to the full post for step-by-step details.

teacup planter

Via: A Golden Afternoon

Proving once again that I am a total sucker for succulents, I had to share this teacup planter by Bonnie of A Golden Afternoon. I love genmaicha, but this creation brings a whole new meaning to the words “green tea”!

diy vintage teacup birdbath

Via: Something Wonderful

I first posted about these DIY teacup bird baths/bird feeders from Something Wonderful back in April of last year, but I enjoy them so much, I had to bring attention to them again. Try this idea and come springtime, I bet your yard will be a hotspot for all sorts of winged wonders.

Which vintage teacup craft is your cup of tea? And are you wondering how to turn a common household item into something crafty and new? Leave material suggestions for me in the comments below!

DIY, Handmade

1. Camilla says:

These are all wonderful crafts using vintage teacups. So pretty.

2. Blanche Davis says:

Love the cake stand idea.

3. Angela S. says:

This teacup blog made me very happy for some reason.

4. bird says:

Easy and so pretty! LOVE the tea candles!

5. Sandra R. says:

Any kind of craft using teacups, I'm a fan of. Vintage teacups are my favorites.

6. Judy Conley says:

I have a beautiful Tea cup and saucer and it is the only one I have, you have given me a great idea on how I can display it with succulents sice I am a plant lover! I love to do crafts as well!!!!

7. Donna R. says:

My best-next-door-neighbor-in-the-world must have seen your teacup bird feeders last spring just before I was ready to move to another house. She made one for a house warming gift for me, and the coolest part, aside from the teacup, is that she painted whimsical designs on the post! Love it! And so do the birds this winter!