The Super Bowl is in a couple of days, and whether you love or hate the sport, it’s the perfect excuse to throw a party. I’m sure you’ve spent all your time picking out the food and drinks, and now you’re stuck with a messy house. If you don’t have time to thoroughly clean your home for your guests, just worry about making it clean enough. I know, I know I’m not supposed to encourage that, but sometimes you’ve got to fake it ’til ya make it, people.

Sabrina Soto

Here are a few quick cleaning tips:

• Focus only on areas your guests will see (the foyer, media room, guest bathroom, etc.).
  • Give the room a decluttered look by placing magazines, cords and other items in stylish trays and storage bins.
  • Wipe down all surfaces.
  • Carry a laundry basket to pick up displaced items while doing a quick sweep in each room.

Get More Tips From Sabrina Soto>>

What are your favorite last-minute cleaning tips?

Entertaining, Organizing

1. Scott says:

Fake cleaning? Don't let my gf see this! I'm only letting her throw a party so my house really gets cleaned. Maybe she'll fake clean before, real clean after!
    <a href="http://www.powerofthreeve.com” target=”_blank”>www.powerofthreeve.com

2. RedFlag says:

Wow, what a lucky gal. This clown LETS her throw a party, and doesn't lift a finger to help clean.

• Denise says:

That's sad that he lets her have a party! I wouldn't clean his house at all. Who cares if they see his house dirty It's not your house. Lol

3. Beth says:

Fake clean is the only way I do it. LOL

4. Kleen says:

Great story…and the tips are really practical to go through!!! With the world of cleaning there is no term for ‘Fake Clean’ to action as on first sweep the emotional dust is simply gone for a certain period. And these processes for any party or during any occasion looks very simple but become the giants during the real action.

5. Candy says:

sometimes I take a bottle, like Windex..and I do all things that I can use this on first. Then I may take the furniture plolish and do all things that need dusting. I do like having a basket with a small sack with me to pick up all the misplaces items/garbage. I also like the 15 minute rule….15 minutes per room…per day(not counting washing dishes and washing clothes :) )

6. joeanna anthony says:

1. Clean the Three T's: Toilets, Tabletops, the Television. What? The television? Yup! Most living rooms are centered around your tv and the amount of dust that hangs on it, your netflix stack and dvd box set pile that's off to one side could be tell tale signs of why the rest of your house isn't exactly spotless. Plus if you sit chatting in the living room, you'll be staring at it wishing you would have moved it. Toilets and tabletops are a bit more self explanatory, but important none the less.

2. Stash with Efficiency: When company drops in we've all been in a situation once or twice where things get tossed in a basket and shoved in the spare bedroom or closet. It's a quick solution, but it can be done with more efficiency so you can find your stuff later on. Add things to your basket according to the room they go in. That way when company leaves, you can remove the items easily without making 100 trips across your house or apartment to put things where they belong.

3. Pet Hair: Even if you have a sparkling clean house, if your sofa is covered with a layer of dog or cat fur, it suddenly looks less tidy. Keep a rubber glove or your favorite pet hair busting product on hand to knock it all down in a few sweeps.

4. Dishes Be Gone in Seconds Flat: :-P Put your dishes in your oven. If you pile your dishes in the sink then it looks like you threw them all in there at the last minute as everyone knows you can't really wash dishes in that manner and you'll still look like a slight slob, even though you have clean counters. Instead, grab a baking sheet and stack like items together and slide them in the oven. They'll slide right back out, be pre stacked and ready to be washed so you can recover from the guilt you just gave yourself for following through with this tip. note: don't preheat your oven… even by accident… until they're removed.

7. Grietje Blaauw says:

Toilets,tabletops,tv ánd the sink.But I think,when you clean on a regular base you don`t need to have clutter.I am,as many,a working mom (and wife).I work at school with a scedule but also at home.

8. turkpod says:

which was prescribed by my Dr was going to cost over 200 I have not yet noticed any change to the occasional hot flashes I have experienced during the night Diabetic Recipes

9. turkpod says:

which was prescribed by my Dr was going to cost over 200 I have not yet noticed any change to the occasional hot flashes I have experienced during the night http://www.turkpod.org/