Featured

We on the color team debated vigorously about the worthiness of a traditional Valentine’s Day color for February’s Color of the Month. Some of us wanted to throw all of our eggs in Cupid’s basket, but others were feeling an egg of a different type…

…robin’s egg blue.

map wall tween room

Jessica’s color pick for this month won us over with its classic-cool tone and its ability to pair well with so many of our favorite hues. Her Pinterest board (which I keep finding myself staring at because it’s just so darn pretty) shows how this gorgeous shade can pass easily from vintage, to traditional, to modern with a deftness that not many colors can manage.

robins egg blue

Robin’s eggs via French Garden House; Chandelier via Maison Decor

Robin’s egg blue takes on different personalities depending on lighting, time of day, and the colors it’s near. This chameleon can complement corals, deep reds, yellows, metallics or simply a crisp white.
cottage kitchen robins egg island

I’ll admit bias since I just painted my living room this color last fall, but what about you? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us what you think!

Color of the Month

1. Julie Nelson says:

love it ! the color gives such a calming effect! I really like how the back tile brings the silver and blues together!!!!

2. Julia Joseph says:

i do like it but like someone said it's not new. however, having said all that i wish i had gone with a light color. i too am a March baby and it is more like a springy color. it doesn't make me think February.

3. Amy Frost says:

I love the robin's egg blue in the right room with the right accent colors.

4. Nancy says:

love love love!

5. Gae says:

I also associate this color with the month of March, maybe because it was my grandmother's favorite color and she was born in March. My grandmother painted walls this color, even the outside of her house was painted this color at one time, and she even wore clothing this color which is flattering to all skin tones too! It is a surprisingly versatile color.

6. Dorie Morgan says:

Love this color so much! I actually redid my entire house (2 years ago this April). My office walls are this color. I also have it as an accent color in my front room via robins eggs in a nest and throw pillows.

7. kjg says:

I love this color! I painted my kitchen & master bedroon this color a few months ago! It came out great!!

8. Selena says:

I have always loved this color, my grandfather had an old Dodge this color and that started the love affair…lol

9. liliana says:

love the color it is beautiful it is a relaxing and crisp color

10. Donna says:

robin egg's blue is a favorite, but more for Spring