We on the color team debated vigorously about the worthiness of a traditional Valentine’s Day color for February’s Color of the Month. Some of us wanted to throw all of our eggs in Cupid’s basket, but others were feeling an egg of a different type…

…robin’s egg blue.

map wall tween room

Jessica’s color pick for this month won us over with its classic-cool tone and its ability to pair well with so many of our favorite hues. Her Pinterest board (which I keep finding myself staring at because it’s just so darn pretty) shows how this gorgeous shade can pass easily from vintage, to traditional, to modern with a deftness that not many colors can manage.

robins egg blue

Robin’s eggs via French Garden House; Chandelier via Maison Decor

Robin’s egg blue takes on different personalities depending on lighting, time of day, and the colors it’s near. This chameleon can complement corals, deep reds, yellows, metallics or simply a crisp white.
cottage kitchen robins egg island

I’ll admit bias since I just painted my living room this color last fall, but what about you? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us what you think!

Color of the Month

1. Laura Holmes says:

We love this color of the month! Check out Kluster's Robin's Egg Blue earrings: http://www.klustershop.com/products/cloud-blue-ea

2. Pat says:

Sorry – Robin's Egg Blue is not for me…..I couldn't put it anywhere….

3. Lisa says:

I don't even like the color blue particularly, but I LOVE this…..Great choice!!!

4. Stacee says:

This is my all time favorite color……it makes me feel all cozy inside:)

5. Chauncine says:

I grew up with this color on my bedroom walls. Very retro and cool.

6. Elaine says:

I painted my house this color, love it. The front door is coral.

7. Pasha says:

Absolutely, Joan, it may not be new, but it's classic. I think this is one of the most calming colors in existence. It does make me think of Spring, but why not in February? Anything to get through a cold Pennsylvania winter… I love it and feel it is a great choice!

8. Debby says:

Love the color; but kitchen-no, bathroom-yes. Could be a great accent color.

9. Renee says:

Love this color. Redid the dining room with wallpaper having this color, wainscoting in deep teal, drapes in this color, and the dramatic change was painting the ceiling a butter color and the living room with complimentary walls . Loove this robin's egg blue

10. gail says:

A lovely color. Been in my home over 40 years and the first color I chose for it was this Robins Egg color, with white trim and black shutters. Now am thinking of doing our bedroom in it. I just love it. Great choice this year.