We on the color team debated vigorously about the worthiness of a traditional Valentine’s Day color for February’s Color of the Month. Some of us wanted to throw all of our eggs in Cupid’s basket, but others were feeling an egg of a different type…

…robin’s egg blue.

map wall tween room

Jessica’s color pick for this month won us over with its classic-cool tone and its ability to pair well with so many of our favorite hues. Her Pinterest board (which I keep finding myself staring at because it’s just so darn pretty) shows how this gorgeous shade can pass easily from vintage, to traditional, to modern with a deftness that not many colors can manage.

robins egg blue

Robin’s eggs via French Garden House; Chandelier via Maison Decor

Robin’s egg blue takes on different personalities depending on lighting, time of day, and the colors it’s near. This chameleon can complement corals, deep reds, yellows, metallics or simply a crisp white.
cottage kitchen robins egg island

I’ll admit bias since I just painted my living room this color last fall, but what about you? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us what you think!

Color of the Month

1. silva st germain says:

love the kitchen island and feb blue

2. MaryAnne Bush says:

Love it! Love it! Love it!

3. Katherine says:

Painter is coming in 4 days. Wanted to paint my kitchen and master bedroom this color. Need to buy paint this weekend. I have 5 samples on the wall and just can't get it right. What brand/colors do you recommend?

4. Kay says:

Love it! Any shades of turquoise or aqua are my favorites, and it really does blend well with other colors. I have this color all over my living room, including a nest with aqua eggs!

5. Jen says:

That kitchen… swoon! I already have a vintage door in my kitchen that would fit right in, see it at http://lively-grace.blogspot.com/2012/03/door-no-… or in the background at http://pocatellomag.com/2013/02/04/just-paint-it !

6. smc says:

I'm not usually a fan of any light blue color, but this is calming, maybe not new but yummy nevertheless.

7. Guinelle Koonce says:

I recently purchased a condo and got the model. Initially, I was horrified because whoever decorated the model obviously loved this blue. It's in my sunroom, spreading into the dining room and one wall in the family room (they even put one wall in my bedroom this color) and the master bathroom! But the longer I live here, the more I like the color (besides, I'm not planning to paint yet. Sooo, gonna keep it in he dining room area, the bathroom, and sunroom (those rooms are co-joined and if I changed it, it would look like a rainbow house.

8. peggy says:

Love the Robin's egg Blue color. It is also beautiful paired with a buttery yellow color. It truly withstands the hands of time; the first time I used this color was 1975!

9. AndreaMc says:

Love the color! Painted a guest bedroom this color about a year and a half ago. Surprisingly, can accessorize in so many ways with this color.

10. Mary Ann says:

I bought the color tropical tides …it is so cool..I'm painting a dresser and mirror ..Glad I had picked this color before i saw it was the color of the month..