Festival season is upon us! My Bonnaroo countdown for this year started the day I left Bonnaroo last year. Needless to say, I’m a bit excited. It’s hot; it’s crowded; you get zero hours of sleep, but boy, is it worth it. Before, it was all about being as comfortable and cool as possible during the festival, but now it’s just as important to look stylish and fashion-forward, thanks to festivals like Coachella. Festival fashion has become its own genre, and stores like Forever 21, Urban Outfitters and American Eagle Outfitters have created pieces specifically targeted to festival-goers. So, look like a rock star in your shades and fringe while listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Summer Music Festival Fashion
1. Floppy Hat / Target
2. Cotton Maxi Dress / H&M
3. Backpack / Topman
4. Necklace / Urban Outfitters (similar)
5. Sunglasses / Ray-Ban
6. Infinity Scarf / Etsy, Necklush
7. Denim Vest / H&M
8. Floral Shorts / H&M
9. Stud Boots / Topshop
10. Chevron Cuff / gorjana
7 Ways to Look Stylish at Shows:
1. Load up on arm candy.
2. Add color and layers with a light summer scarf.
3. Keep your hair back and get ready to rock with a long-lasting fishtail braid.
4. Stay cool during the music with a free-flowing boho skirt and tank like fashionista Olivia Palermo.
5. Accessorize your hair with tassels and headwraps.
6. Or, add in some freshly-picked flowers to a loose braid.
7. Block those UV rays and look stylish at the same time with a banded sun hat.